- The OFFICIAL Blk Mrkt thread - post your blkmrkt here!

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
- The OFFICIAL Blk Mrkt thread - post your blkmrkt here!
Author Message
Posted: Sep 7, 2018 at 10:43 Quote
dirt-demon1 wrote:
twinbiker11 wrote:
MARKWOOD wrote:
I'm thinking of getting the kill switch.
Has any body ever ran totems on it, maybe lowered ones?
Also I'd love to see photos of your killswitch builds.

Totem at 180mm will destroy the frame, lowered to 100 mm would be okay, look in my photo albums for my build


what is the longest recommended fork length?


^any answers?

Posted: Sep 8, 2018 at 21:06 Quote
zmanandpcb wrote:
candymuffin wrote:
Did anyone else have a problem with their rear X Fusion on their Killswitch?
Because I am 90% sure mine is blown, because my rebound control doesn't work nearly as well as it did when I first got it. I haven't even ridden the bike that much, or that hard?

anyone ever comment on this? didn't find anything scrolling through the thread.
i'm a new killswitch owner and my x fusion shock seems to pogo on rebound and thud on top out. x fusion says an air sleeve service may resolve the top out but i'm not totally sure the rebound is working correctly. no ride comparison to know what the bike feels like with a known working shock.

I thought it handled better with the longer fork. I have the Large (which is really XL) and even though Iā€™m 6ā€™1ā€, the 85-ish fork makes me feel too leaned forward. I think for any kind of freeride/DH/slope riding, the longer fork will work well on a Killswitch.

Posted: Sep 9, 2018 at 19:19 Quote
I have one.

So first, 2 things:

1) The Killswitch and Roam frames are kinda known to wear shocks more quickly than other frame designs. That's the catch for having such a rad (good) progressive bike. So the shock probably just needs a $30 refresh.

2) Make sure your X Fusion shock has a BLKMRKT sticker on it. I've also used a "normal" X-Fusion shock (no sticker or custom tune) , and put it on my slope bike without any sort of slope tune, and it acted the way you're describing (fast rebound, weird top out). Thankfully, you can send your shock to X-Fusion and for like 50 bucks they'll custom tune it.

Your'e welcome X Fusion....


-Andrew

zmanandpcb wrote:
candymuffin wrote:
Did anyone else have a problem with their rear X Fusion on their Killswitch?
Because I am 90% sure mine is blown, because my rebound control doesn't work nearly as well as it did when I first got it. I haven't even ridden the bike that much, or that hard?

anyone ever comment on this? didn't find anything scrolling through the thread.
i'm a new killswitch owner and my x fusion shock seems to pogo on rebound and thud on top out. x fusion says an air sleeve service may resolve the top out but i'm not totally sure the rebound is working correctly. no ride comparison to know what the bike feels like with a known working shock.

Posted: Sep 11, 2018 at 6:50 Quote
Thanks cmc4130 and filmdrew. I talked with X Fusion service and tested the shock per their instruction by letting all the air out and completely slowing rebound and found it still pogos to a top thud. Going to send it in for rebuild: $150.
I've gotten a few rides in now and the bike handles small line dirt jumps just fine with the big fork so I think the longer travel will be just fine too.

Posted: Sep 11, 2018 at 6:52 Quote
BTW - what air pressure do you guys run in your shock and what do you weigh?
I am 160 lbs and am running it around 200 but that could change after the shock is rebuilt and working properly.

Posted: Jan 2, 2019 at 18:19 Quote
xan-x wrote:
So did anyone ever find out what happen to Carter Holland ?

The guy seems to have disappeared as best as I can tell.

I was chatting with him (email/phone) in the Spring on 2018 regarding a custom XXXL Edit 1 Frame. The project got derailed on my end, but was re-green-lighted in November. I reached out via email, and he called me a couple days later. We worked out details, payment, timeline, etc, and he told me he'd call me back the next day with a shipping quote. Well, that was the first week of December, and despite leaving messages on his answering machine every week, and sending him weekly emails........still no word from him.

It really sucks too.......I've wanted a BLKMRKT frame for YEARS, and at 6'4" tall, there are not a lot of available options that'll fit me. UHG!!!

If anyone has an XXXL Tallcan Edit 1 frame they're looking to get rid of, let me know....

Posted: Jan 7, 2019 at 17:08 Quote
bribeguy wrote:
. . . and at 6'4" tall, there are not a lot of available options that'll fit me. UHG!!!

....

My best recommendation for you is a custom from STOUT Bikes in Texas.

https://www.pinkbike.com/u/mattty/album/Stout-Bikes/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1219414568131705/

Posted: Feb 4, 2019 at 7:34 Quote
filmdrew wrote:
I have one.

So first, 2 things:

1) The Killswitch and Roam frames are kinda known to wear shocks more quickly than other frame designs. That's the catch for having such a rad (good) progressive bike. So the shock probably just needs a $30 refresh.

2) Make sure your X Fusion shock has a BLKMRKT sticker on it. I've also used a "normal" X-Fusion shock (no sticker or custom tune) , and put it on my slope bike without any sort of slope tune, and it acted the way you're describing (fast rebound, weird top out). Thankfully, you can send your shock to X-Fusion and for like 50 bucks they'll custom tune it.

Your'e welcome X Fusion....


-Andrew

zmanandpcb wrote:
candymuffin wrote:
Did anyone else have a problem with their rear X Fusion on their Killswitch?
Because I am 90% sure mine is blown, because my rebound control doesn't work nearly as well as it did when I first got it. I haven't even ridden the bike that much, or that hard?

anyone ever comment on this? didn't find anything scrolling through the thread.
i'm a new killswitch owner and my x fusion shock seems to pogo on rebound and thud on top out. x fusion says an air sleeve service may resolve the top out but i'm not totally sure the rebound is working correctly. no ride comparison to know what the bike feels like with a known working shock.

I've just bought a second hand Killswitch and mine has these symptoms too (fast rebound with top out donk, and the rebound dial does nothing), but my shock IS the X Fusion BLK MRKT one. A good service required or...? Did you Zmanandpcb get yours sorted?

Posted: Feb 4, 2019 at 7:35 Quote
Has anybody used an external 44m bottom race to run tapered steerer tubes on a Killswitch?

Posted: Feb 4, 2019 at 10:23 Quote
CoreyGun wrote:
filmdrew wrote:
I have one.

So first, 2 things:

1) The Killswitch and Roam frames are kinda known to wear shocks more quickly than other frame designs. That's the catch for having such a rad (good) progressive bike. So the shock probably just needs a $30 refresh.

2) Make sure your X Fusion shock has a BLKMRKT sticker on it. I've also used a "normal" X-Fusion shock (no sticker or custom tune) , and put it on my slope bike without any sort of slope tune, and it acted the way you're describing (fast rebound, weird top out). Thankfully, you can send your shock to X-Fusion and for like 50 bucks they'll custom tune it.

Your'e welcome X Fusion....


-Andrew

zmanandpcb wrote:


anyone ever comment on this? didn't find anything scrolling through the thread.
i'm a new killswitch owner and my x fusion shock seems to pogo on rebound and thud on top out. x fusion says an air sleeve service may resolve the top out but i'm not totally sure the rebound is working correctly. no ride comparison to know what the bike feels like with a known working shock.

I've just bought a second hand Killswitch and mine has these symptoms too (fast rebound with top out donk, and the rebound dial does nothing), but my shock IS the X Fusion BLK MRKT one. A good service required or...? Did you Zmanandpcb get yours sorted?

How much PSI are you putting in it? Your weight?

Posted: Feb 4, 2019 at 13:43 Quote
cmc4130 wrote:
How much PSI are you putting in it? Your weight?

About 12 stone, and I've been trying different PSI between 180 and 240, but it always tops out really, and if I lower it to reduce the top out, it's far too bouncy.

Posted: Mar 12, 2019 at 4:31 Quote
I recently switched back to the 130mm fork on my Killswitch and added a 170 dropper. (Testing to see if it can be more Trail/Enduro)....




Posted: Apr 3, 2019 at 7:11 Quote
Is Black Market Bikes still open, all of the social medias haven't posted since 2017, and the website has all of the same stuff.

Posted: Apr 8, 2019 at 11:46 Quote
Honestly is sounds like a non-tuned X-Fusion shock. I have one. And I've also had the Killswitch tune.

Without tune: extreme top out , and almost no rebound. I have no, no no idea why they even come like that in the first place. I wanted to support a smaller company at that point... but Fox stuff never does that.

-AB

zmanandpcb wrote:
candymuffin wrote:
Did anyone else have a problem with their rear X Fusion on their Killswitch?
Because I am 90% sure mine is blown, because my rebound control doesn't work nearly as well as it did when I first got it. I haven't even ridden the bike that much, or that hard?

anyone ever comment on this? didn't find anything scrolling through the thread.
i'm a new killswitch owner and my x fusion shock seems to pogo on rebound and thud on top out. x fusion says an air sleeve service may resolve the top out but i'm not totally sure the rebound is working correctly. no ride comparison to know what the bike feels like with a known working shock.

Posted: Apr 14, 2019 at 18:18 Quote
angushall19 wrote:
Is Black Market Bikes still open, all of the social medias haven't posted since 2017, and the website has all of the same stuff.

Nope. Looks like they are done & gone.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012691
Mobile Version of Website