5" Slopestyle/4x bikes

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
5" Slopestyle/4x bikes
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 7:21 Quote
Im looking for a bike, with around 140mm (5 to 6 inches), not an all mountain bike, more like a slopestyle or 4x bike, something like the Cannondale Prophet MX (i got a regular Prophet myself, but the frame can´t handle my freeriding Razz ), the new Intense 6.6 SS sounds pretty good too, bit much travel but it looks good.

Ok, so here it is, a 5-6 inch rear travel, not-too-heavy, slopestyle frame, what are your ideas?

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 7:45 Quote
Well there's the Transition Bottlerocket:

http://transitionbikes.com/2007/BottleRocket.cfm

The Banshee Wildcard:

http://www.bansheebikes.com/news/details.php?recordID=103

can't think of any more right now.

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 12:00 Quote
ingvaro wrote:
Im looking for a bike, with around 140mm (5 to 6 inches), not an all mountain bike, more like a slopestyle or 4x bike, something like the Cannondale Prophet MX (i got a regular Prophet myself, but the frame can´t handle my freeriding Razz ), the new Intense 6.6 SS sounds pretty good too, bit much travel but it looks good.

Ok, so here it is, a 5-6 inch rear travel, not-too-heavy, slopestyle frame, what are your ideas?

I´m waiting for my Wildcard and don´t think I could take a better frame... 5 or 6.5" of travel and a very low standover height... i´m getting the large one, 16" of ST and 24" of TT... very low and just long enought.
With an air shock and a 150 to 180mm travel fork it sounds perfect.

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 12:29 Quote
If you can wait, maybe get a 2008 Commencal Furious. It looks like a very solid bike, 1.5 inch head tube, about 6 inches of travel and a good spec. Check it out here.
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/dirt-demo-Mike-day-1-2007.html
and here
http://www.commencal.com/bike/mtb/2008/index.htm

BTW, how do I post working links?

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 12:36 Quote
Transition Bottlerocket hands down any day.

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 13:04 Quote
look into rocky mountain flow fs. my friend has one he is trying to sell, and you could probably get it for like 950$ email him at trevorfairbank@comcast.net his bike is super sick and its for sale

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 13:53 Quote
beerismycopilot wrote:
Transition Bottlerocket hands down any day.

The wildcard frame is more than a pound lighter, and has adjustable travel.

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 13:56 Quote
PROPHET MX FOR SURE I RIDE ONE AND IT IS AMAZING WELL WORTH THE MONEY BUT IF NOT THAT BOTTLEROCKET NO QUESTION

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 14:03 Quote
sc blur 4x with a 160mm fork

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 16:42 Quote
Ok first you have strached yourself about a thousand dollars the bottle rocket being just over a thousand and the intense 6.6 being 2600. First I would suggest choose a price range, unless it is not important to you. As far as other bikes go definatly go for the Intense if you can afford it even though it is 6.6" it is still a really light flickable frame and with shock options you could probably get it dialed of FR. Another bike I would look at is the Rocky Mountain Slayer SS as it is build around an altered AM frame the wieght would be amazing although may not be as much bike as you are looking for.

Just some thoughts

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 19:02 Quote
Ride a BottleRocket and you will not be dissapointed. Super solid bike and easy to flick around.

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 19:58 Quote
I love my Bottlerocket, you might check out the Corsair Konig. They're a new company, and the stuff looks sweet.

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 20:02 Quote
i vote for Norco Six....have'nt ridden a bottlerocket or an Intence...but i love my Six. Its light..its fast...its fun...and it won Crankworks, so it must have some slopestyle albility....which nobody seems to rememberRolleyes

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 22:21 Quote
New bike for rocky mountain this the the slayer ss {slayer slope style) for sure!

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 22:23 Quote
where did u hear abotu that? ive never heard of it. can u get pics, or info on it for me?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009645
Mobile Version of Website