post your konas!

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
post your konas!
O+
Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 12:18 Quote
andybobbill wrote:
I cannot tell you how happy this has made me.

photo

Well then share the part name/number/link you selfish bastard!:P hahah I want one!

O+
Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 22:41 Quote
acdownhill wrote:
andybobbill wrote:

photo

Well then share the part name/number/link you selfish bastard!:P hahah I want one!

Its the fidlock twist 450ml bottle , works great with no room for a normal bottle

Posted: Sep 21, 2019 at 0:38 Quote
Why not mount the bottle on the top tube if the stand over is fairly low?

O+
Posted: Sep 21, 2019 at 19:17 Quote
stennis wrote:
acdownhill wrote:
andybobbill wrote:

photo

Its the fidlock twist 450ml bottle , works great with no room for a normal bottle
Cheers! I'll have to check it out, nice find!

O+
Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 22:55 Quote
andybobbill wrote:

photo

It is a sad statement on modern bike design when the best upgrade you have had on your state of the art bike is a zap strapped 12oz water bottle

Posted: Feb 12, 2020 at 12:17 Quote
stennis wrote:
acdownhill wrote:
andybobbill wrote:

photo

Have a process 134 that I'm thinking of getting one of these for, just checking what size frame you have? Also, did you just zip tie the Uni base on? Or is that a modified regular base?

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 9:27 Quote
Apologies chaps, I've been offline for a while.
Yes, it's a 450ml fidlock twist bottle on a unibase. I used zipties instead of the included rubber straps for permanence.
Had to do a little surgery on the mount to make it fit over the cable boss, just cutting out some material really. The cables and hoses just hold against the side of the mount with the zipties.
Frame is a Large, 2016 153. I have also done the same on my large 2017 111. Pretty sure I could fit a 600ml in that one as it is slightly longer in the frame and has a CC DBair IL in which of course doesn't have a piggy back. I'll let you know when my 600ml bottle arrives!
In answer to the toptube question, yes i could, but I've had caged bottles on the top tube and a) they look ugly, b) they fall out on rough/steep terrain as they're nearly horizontal to start with (admittedly not an issue with the fidlock but, see point a) and c) you end up with energy drink spaffed all over your top tube and headset.

jeffgicklhorn wrote:
stennis wrote:
acdownhill wrote:

Have a process 134 that I'm thinking of getting one of these for, just checking what size frame you have? Also, did you just zip tie the Uni base on? Or is that a modified regular base?

Posted: Mar 20, 2020 at 14:57 Quote
Here's something a little different. 1994 Lava Dome for my partner.
1994 Kona Lava Dome 19 with Velo Orange Klunker bars

Posted: Mar 20, 2020 at 17:34 Quote
That is awesome would happily rip around on that thing!

Posted: Mar 20, 2020 at 22:30 Quote
Yeah I agree looks sick.

Heres mine, got new wheels, new shock since I last posted it.

- 2018 kona process 153 27.5 AL frame
- Gx 11spd groupset
- Raceface effect cranks
- Funn python pedals
- Kona bar and stem
- Saint brakes
- Spank spike 350 vibrocore wheels
- Rockshox Yari with charger rct3 damper
- Caneceek db air cs
- Deity knuckleduster grips
- Maxxis minion dhf 3c max terra skinwall tyres
- Charge spoon saddle
- Stock dropper post
- Bontrager underbar dropper remote
- Canecreek headset

photo

O+
Posted: Mar 21, 2020 at 23:09 Quote
scmalex wrote:
Here's something a little different. 1994 Lava Dome for my partner.

This

Love it!

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2020 at 15:03 Quote
It's hard to follow that sick Lava Dome (one of my high school dream bikes), but I'll give it a shot.
2020 Kona Process 153 CR DL 29
2020 Kona Process 153 CR/DL 29 w/Rockshox Super Deluxe Ultimate shock and tailored Ridewrap
Fox 36 Grip2 160mm 3 tokens
Shimano XT 8100 12 speed drivetrain
Shimano XT crankset with 30t ring
WTB i29 asym rims laced to Shimano XT hubs with Sapim Race spokes and Muc-Off valves and sealant
Maxxis Assegai 2.5 WT front and Dissector 2.4 WT rear tires
Shimano XT 8100 4 piston brakes with 203mm ice tech rotors and North Shore Billet adaptors
Chromag Fubar OSX 780mm, HiFi 50mm stem, Contact pedals, Lynx DT saddle
Chris King Griplock headset
PNW Bachelor 150mm dropper and Loam Lever
OneUp ISCG V2 bashguard and EDC pump mounted on bottle cage
Wheels MFG threaded (together) bottom bracket
Supacaz grips and Tron bottle cage

My last bike had a swat box, so my PB&J sangies need to go in my back pocket now.

O+
Posted: Mar 27, 2020 at 5:17 Quote
That is such a nice build.
I have the same shock on my 153, since you did not save any expense on this bike do you believe that is good?

O+
Posted: Mar 27, 2020 at 7:22 Quote
Windsurf wrote:
That is such a nice build.
I have the same shock on my 153, since you did not save any expense on this bike do you believe that is good?

Thank you. It's the stock shock and I haven't had any issues with it so far. That being said it's winter here on the east coast and I have been spending most of my time on my fat bike. If it doesn't hold up I swap it out for a DPX2.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026949
Mobile Version of Website