post your konas!

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
post your konas!
Posted: Mar 29, 2020 at 14:10 Quote
That process is lovely! Just a quick Q about the spare tube as I see a few enduro builds with tubes strapped. Is that bike not setup tubeless or is there something I'm missing?

Posted: Mar 29, 2020 at 14:40 Quote
JNZ wrote:
That process is lovely! Just a quick Q about the spare tube as I see a few enduro builds with tubes strapped. Is that bike not setup tubeless or is there something I'm missing?

Probably is tubeless, but when you get a hole in your tire that sealant can't fix you can still just quickly slap in a tube and some co2 and you're good to go. Even though I would never run tubeless myself. Tubes are so much simpler!

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 21:10 Quote
EliasFritzen wrote:
JNZ wrote:

Probably is tubeless, but when you get a hole in your tire that sealant can't fix you can still just quickly slap in a tube and some co2 and you're good to go. Even though I would never run tubeless myself. Tubes are so much simpler!

True but if the hole in the Tyre is too big a tube won’t help either. In this day and age I can’t see why anyone would run tubes. Pinch flats are the devil

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 22:43 Quote
JNZ wrote:
EliasFritzen wrote:
JNZ wrote:

True but if the hole in the Tyre is too big a tube won’t help either. In this day and age I can’t see why anyone would run tubes. Pinch flats are the devil

The tube won't pop out a 2mm or 4mm how whereas sealant probably couldn't seal that.

I run tubes, in fact ive only had 1 flat in 1.5 years. And that's although I ran low tyre pressures, and sucked so much shit I ripped a nipple through my rim, the wheel was toast but the tube didn't go flat! No reason for tubeless, more expensive and a pain.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 10:46 Quote
EliasFritzen wrote:
JNZ wrote:
EliasFritzen wrote:

The tube won't pop out a 2mm or 4mm how whereas sealant probably couldn't seal that.

I run tubes, in fact ive only had 1 flat in 1.5 years. And that's although I ran low tyre pressures, and sucked so much shit I ripped a nipple through my rim, the wheel was toast but the tube didn't go flat! No reason for tubeless, more expensive and a pain.

Me either, have had no issues with running tubes.
My tubeless bikes on the other hand require alot more attention.
I've never been able to get a tubeless tire off a rim without a vice either.

O+
Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 7:05 Quote
JNZ wrote:

The bike is set up tubeless with Muc Off valves and sealant. The tube is for those punctures that won't seal up on their own or with a plug kit. I also carry Park Tool tire boots and a healthy wrap of 3M extreme duct tape (it's hydrophobic so it doesn't absorb sealant like gorilla tape) on my OneUp EDC pump.

In a racing scenario repairing a tubeless flat with a tube, even as a temporary fix until the next transfer or aid station is preferable to messing with plugs, boots, or walking.

I'll never go back to tubes on an MTB, but carrying a tube has saved my ass on more than one occasion.

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 14:19 Quote
craigcanucks wrote:
JNZ wrote:

The bike is set up tubeless with Muc Off valves and sealant. The tube is for those punctures that won't seal up on their own or with a plug kit. I also carry Park Tool tire boots and a healthy wrap of 3M extreme duct tape (it's hydrophobic so it doesn't absorb sealant like gorilla tape) on my OneUp EDC pump.

In a racing scenario repairing a tubeless flat with a tube, even as a temporary fix until the next transfer or aid station is preferable to messing with plugs, boots, or walking.

I'll never go back to tubes on an MTB, but carrying a tube has saved my ass on more than one occasion.

I see, thanks for the reply! I agree with you on the tubeless thoughts

O+
Posted: Apr 20, 2020 at 22:32 Quote
photo
photo
photo

Kona Process 153 CR 27.5 with I9 wheels, deity components and absolute black oval upgrades.

Posted: May 7, 2020 at 7:15 Quote
I just bought a Kona Humuhumu.

I'm looking to turn it into a retro town, commuter, klunker bike.

Please share with me any inspiration you may have.

I bought a blue and white framed one.
I will post it once I have built it up.

Here is what I'm going for:

photo
photo
photo

Posted: May 7, 2020 at 10:31 Quote
Saw a Pike 120 on one ages ago and have yearned for that look ever since. Think an RS paragon would be a super cool fit.

Posted: May 7, 2020 at 20:52 Quote
Grizzlycycles661 wrote:
photo
photo
photo

Kona Process 153 CR 27.5 with I9 wheels, deity components and absolute black oval upgrades.

Nice bike Wink

What size Oval chainring did you put on? I'm looking at the same bike - was going to get a 32T but the shop guy on the phone said 34T. I've also read it needs clearence for 36T if you want 34T oval? (not sure how I find out the clearance?)

I want it more for climbing easily. I'm not a heave guy - 60ish KG (132lb). What you you guys recommend?

Cheers

O+
Posted: May 8, 2020 at 21:04 Quote
Its running a 32T absolute Black with no issues

Yakfisher589 wrote:
Grizzlycycles661 wrote:
photo
photo
photo

Nice bike Wink

What size Oval chainring did you put on? I'm looking at the same bike - was going to get a 32T but the shop guy on the phone said 34T. I've also read it needs clearence for 36T if you want 34T oval? (not sure how I find out the clearance?)

I want it more for climbing easily. I'm not a heave guy - 60ish KG (132lb). What you you guys recommend?

Cheers

Posted: May 27, 2020 at 4:06 Quote
A follow on from my previous post. Yes, you can fit a 600ml Fidlock in a large 2017 Process 111 frame.
Goodbye backpack!

photo

O+
Posted: Jun 18, 2020 at 11:30 Quote
Hey all!

Not sure if this is the right place to post this... I'm new to the forums. I have a 2016 Process 153 CR that took some pretty nasty frame damage. I'd love to just buy the exact same frame but they're few and far between.

Does anyone know which frames from other suppliers would be comparable, so that I could just do a a frame swap? I think someone told me a Norco Sight is very similar in that year, but want to explore my options.

If this isn't the place to ask, I'd love some recommendations on where to go Eek

Thanks in advance!

Posted: Jun 21, 2020 at 3:41 Quote
Forget the frame swap - contact Kona.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.026009
Mobile Version of Website