Share Your BMX Photos

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Share Your BMX Photos
Posted: Apr 4, 2010 at 17:54 Quote
iamtoad wrote:
justin99 wrote:
I'm liking the photo of the double peg. The rider reminds me of Dakota Roche. Must be the hair and A's hat. Maybe crop the shot a bit so he's not so centred and it appeals to the rule of thirds.
Lol fully Dak look alike
Was just gunna say that. Looks like a mini Dak haha.

Posted: Apr 4, 2010 at 17:59 Quote
ya one of Daks video clips was shot at that school over on one of the handrails for Stay Fit. Pretty cool

Posted: Apr 4, 2010 at 18:18 Quote
whats the rule of thirds?

Posted: Apr 4, 2010 at 18:29 Quote
austin2112 wrote:
whats the rule of thirds?
It's a way of taking photos by positioning your subject on one of 4 intersecting line points. As seen below, the sheep is located at one of the red points:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.photosig.com/articles/1578/rule_of_thirds.jpgBy taking photos using the rule of thirds your shots become more visually appealing. Obviously, rules can be broken and still work out looking good or better. However, if you're learning the basics, definitely try and follow the rule of thirds for betting looking photos.

Here's some more info from Wikipedia.

*Edit- Here's an example of a photo of myself that follows the rule of thirds. Notice the positioning of the rider.
photo

Posted: Apr 4, 2010 at 18:54 Quote
photo

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

photo

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

photo

Posted: Apr 4, 2010 at 18:56 Quote
justin99 wrote:
austin2112 wrote:
PBPphotog wrote:
No disrespect, but that's no where near mag worthy.
yeah its a nice picture but a footjam isnt really mag worthy maybe if he was doing a huge t-down out of that
It's not the fact that it's a photo of a footjam, but more that it's not a creative or well taken shot. Don't get me wrong, it's a decent photo, but just not close to being worthy of publishing.

thanks, and no its not at all worthy of publishing. althoguh i have a photo from back in the summer or fall of a rail gap that is of greater worthiness than the footjam photo.

here:
photo

Posted: Apr 4, 2010 at 18:57 Quote
That last shot is my favorite!

Edit: At kodster

Posted: Apr 4, 2010 at 20:37 Quote
Great riding on your part Kodster and even better work from the photographer. Excellent shots! The Euro Table is my favorite of the batch.

Posted: Apr 4, 2010 at 20:44 Quote
photo
Cratter doing a nice foot plant
photo
Kyle doing a big tuck no hander

Posted: Apr 5, 2010 at 5:38 Quote
austin2112 wrote:
PBPphotog wrote:
No disrespect, but that's no where near mag worthy.
yeah its a nice picture but a footjam isnt really mag worthy maybe if he was doing a huge t-down out of that

ight! wernt litraly saying it should be on a mag...
PB people get so arsey when you say something not quite rite

Posted: Apr 5, 2010 at 6:07 Quote
joe-got-the-erge wrote:
pedalpusher01 wrote:
any comments on my other photos a few pages back? and one more shot from the other day.
photo

should be on a magazine :)

Posted: Apr 5, 2010 at 6:51 Quote
justin99 wrote:
Great riding on your part Kodster and even better work from the photographer. Excellent shots! The Euro Table is my favorite of the batch.
ya the euro is deff my fav too. and my photographer is prty BOSS.

Posted: Apr 5, 2010 at 6:53 Quote
pedalpusher01 wrote:
justin99 wrote:
austin2112 wrote:
It's not the fact that it's a photo of a footjam, but more that it's not a creative or well taken shot. Don't get me wrong, it's a decent photo, but just not close to being worthy of publishing.

thanks, and no its not at all worthy of publishing. althoguh i have a photo from back in the summer or fall of a rail gap that is of greater worthiness than the footjam photo.

here:
photo
who said we were puting these in magazines or it was a contest ... wer just tryin to get out ther on pinkbike

Posted: Apr 5, 2010 at 8:27 Quote
my buddy originally commented on the rail gap pic and said it could be a mag cover.

Posted: Apr 5, 2010 at 8:28 Quote
jamie12345 wrote:
joe-got-the-erge wrote:
pedalpusher01 wrote:
any comments on my other photos a few pages back? and one more shot from the other day.
photo

should be on a magazine :)

yes i se you can make it bold, do you have a point in the boldness?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017576
Mobile Version of Website