Trek session 88 problems

PB Forum :: Downhill
Trek session 88 problems
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 4:21 Quote
has anybody else had problems with a trek session 88? i have had mine one week it has done 3 rides and it has dints in the down tube the size of £1 coins. is this normal and does anyone think it could snap?

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 4:44 Quote
pics?! and yes if you hit nothing and considering it is a new bike you wouldn't have hammered it then yes it is enough reason to be concerned

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 4:50 Quote
this is very common check out https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/search/?q=trek&threadid=34751 its a trek thread there are a few ppl in there with 88 that have the same problem.

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 4:56 Quote
has any body had any luck from trek about the problem?

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 4:59 Quote
they do a crash replacement but nothing else

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 5:00 Quote
i just didnt expect a £4000 downhill bike from trek to dint when stones hit the frame? ive had loads of bikes and never dinted a frame

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 5:02 Quote
yeh the session 88s way too weak for a dh bike
can dent if you turn double crowns too hard

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 5:09 Quote
Maybe that's how they got the bike so light - the tubing might be paper thin.
Sorry, it's not very helpful but I just had to throw that in. On a serious note, take it straight back to the dealer and go for a warranty claim on the grounds that this is not normal wear and tear.

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 5:10 Quote
seriously gonna damage their reputation again; and this isn't the first time

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 5:17 Quote
F*ckin Trek people...I would go ballistic if I just paid 6000$ on a bike and then it dents cause of little rocks..

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 1:19 Quote
trek have said

The Session 8 is a mainstream DH Race bike- which can handle the rigours of racing the beast down hills and fast. It is lighter than most frames out there and the way we have achieved that is to trim some of the wall thickness from the frameset, and to reduce weight in pivot parts etc. It is certainly `fit for purpose`.

Our stance is that we offer a 3 year warranty period on the Session Frame against manufacturing defects. Impacts from rocks, crashes etc are not going to be covered by this If a customer is unlucky and damages his frame from impacts (in other words not Treks fault) we will offer a subsidized replacement if they are concerned about the strength of the frame

i say:

how can a downhill bike that made for going down "beast downhills" be fit for purpose, when stones can put dints the size of golf balls in the downtube.
im sure if you keep dinting metal it will snap!!

What can i do about it?

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 1:23 Quote
andyp1981 wrote:
trek have said

The Session 8 is a mainstream DH Race bike- which can handle the rigours of racing the beast down hills and fast. It is lighter than most frames out there and the way we have achieved that is to trim some of the wall thickness from the frameset, and to reduce weight in pivot parts etc. It is certainly `fit for purpose`.

Our stance is that we offer a 3 year warranty period on the Session Frame against manufacturing defects. Impacts from rocks, crashes etc are not going to be covered by this If a customer is unlucky and damages his frame from impacts (in other words not Treks fault) we will offer a subsidized replacement if they are concerned about the strength of the frame

i say:

how can a downhill bike that made for going down "beast downhills" be fit for purpose, when stones can put dints the size of golf balls in the downtube.

What can i do about it?

Pics, please.

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 1:36 Quote
Kalamar wrote:
andyp1981 wrote:
trek have said

i say:

What can i do about it?

Pics, please.

+1

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 1:43 Quote
i have added pictures of my session after one ride threw grizdale forest. i will take more pictures tonight

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3281424/

photo

photo

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009845
Mobile Version of Website