Dual Crown Forks on hardtail frame? is that really bad?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Dual Crown Forks on hardtail frame? is that really bad?
Previous Page |
Author Message
Posted: Apr 18, 2009 at 1:12 Quote
just wonder if this is a really crazy idea or is there any hardtail frames that can handle this forks?

Posted: Apr 18, 2009 at 1:23 Quote
ezersantos wrote:
just wonder if this is a really crazy idea or is there any hardtail frames that can handle this forks?


yeah thats a bad idea, i was going to do it, but its really not worth it, you lose your warranty on your frame, and puts wayy to much stress on it. what frame are you putting it on?

Posted: Apr 18, 2009 at 1:27 Quote
murdoc wrote:
ezersantos wrote:
just wonder if this is a really crazy idea or is there any hardtail frames that can handle this forks?


yeah thats a bad idea, i was going to do it, but its really not worth it, you lose your warranty on your frame, and puts wayy to much stress on it. what frame are you putting it on?
the frame that i m using is Da Bomb Molotov II

Posted: Apr 18, 2009 at 1:28 Quote
ezersantos wrote:
just wonder if this is a really crazy idea or is there any hardtail frames that can handle this forks?

there is one or two...Norco's are probably the most likely to be seen w/ em. I think the Transition Vagrant can take double crowns, and the old Evil hardtails could take em

Posted: Apr 18, 2009 at 1:29 Quote
ezersantos wrote:
murdoc wrote:
ezersantos wrote:
just wonder if this is a really crazy idea or is there any hardtail frames that can handle this forks?


yeah thats a bad idea, i was going to do it, but its really not worth it, you lose your warranty on your frame, and puts wayy to much stress on it. what frame are you putting it on?
the frame that i m using is Da Bomb Molotov II

yeah i wouldnt bother, are you buying that frame, or are you going to get it?

Posted: Apr 18, 2009 at 1:31 Quote
murdoc wrote:
ezersantos wrote:
murdoc wrote:



yeah thats a bad idea, i was going to do it, but its really not worth it, you lose your warranty on your frame, and puts wayy to much stress on it. what frame are you putting it on?
the frame that i m using is Da Bomb Molotov II

yeah i wouldnt bother, are you buying that frame, or are you going to get it?
i m bouthg it, its coming monday,what is the worst that can happen?

Posted: Apr 18, 2009 at 1:32 Quote
ezersantos wrote:
murdoc wrote:
ezersantos wrote:
the frame that i m using is Da Bomb Molotov II

yeah i wouldnt bother, are you buying that frame, or are you going to get it?
i m bouthg it, its coming monday,what is the worst that can happen?

snap your headtube. it really isnt worth it.

Posted: Apr 18, 2009 at 1:34 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
ezersantos wrote:
just wonder if this is a really crazy idea or is there any hardtail frames that can handle this forks?

there is one or two...Norco's are probably the most likely to be seen w/ em. I think the Transition Vagrant can take double crowns, and the old Evil hardtails could take em
to be honest i not a professional, i just started doing it, i only like doing a few jumps , and only do it about 2 a mth, as i m not doing crazy jumps yet do u think its gonna be ok?

Posted: Apr 18, 2009 at 1:36 Quote
ezersantos wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:
ezersantos wrote:
just wonder if this is a really crazy idea or is there any hardtail frames that can handle this forks?

there is one or two...Norco's are probably the most likely to be seen w/ em. I think the Transition Vagrant can take double crowns, and the old Evil hardtails could take em
to be honest i not a professional, i just started doing it, i only like doing a few jumps , and only do it about 2 a mth, as i m not doing crazy jumps yet do u think its gonna be ok?

i had the exact same idea lol, but it isnt worth it. your frame isnt that beefy to handle it, i have a kona hoss, those things are unbreakable (fat man bikes), and people laughed at the idea. seriously it isnt worth it.

Posted: Apr 18, 2009 at 1:36 Quote
sounds like you'll be fine for a bit if you aren't doing huge stuff

Posted: Apr 18, 2009 at 1:37 Quote
bigquotes
you could be eating metal. i've seen steer tudes ripped off by running dual crowns. There are some HT's that can handle it, but not that many. A friend of mine has a nice scar from doing this, but i never had any problems running boxxers on my Craftworks rail at the time.

Posted: Apr 18, 2009 at 1:39 Quote
mtbniall wrote:
bigquotes
you could be eating metal. i've seen steer tudes ripped off by running dual crowns. There are some HT's that can handle it, but not that many. A friend of mine has a nice scar from doing this, but i never had any problems running boxxers on my Craftworks rail at the time.

yeah, theres that banshee, cant remember the name, and a few evils will do the job. but i wouldnt do it on his frame, nothing against the frame, but it wasnt made for that Razz

Posted: Apr 18, 2009 at 2:08 Quote
Your playing with fire. Double crown forks on a H/T looks like stink. If your head tube snaps you'll be swallowing teeth. Like it was said here perviously. Its not worth it. I have a Da Bomb H/T frame also. I was going to throw an old double crown I have on it just so I could ride it but I decided its not worth it.

Posted: Apr 18, 2009 at 2:11 Quote
murdoc wrote:
i had the exact same idea lol, but it isnt worth it. your frame isnt that beefy to handle it, i have a kona hoss, those things are unbreakable (fat man bikes), and people laughed at the idea. seriously it isnt worth it.

Damn, i never thought i would see those 2 words in the same sentence

Posted: Apr 18, 2009 at 2:12 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
sounds like you'll be fine for a bit if you aren't doing huge stuff

but if he's not doing huge stuff then it makes it even less worth it.

the sell the dual crowns and get a really nice set of SCs

Previous Page |

 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008068
Mobile Version of Website