Dual Crown Forks on hardtail frame? is that really bad?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Dual Crown Forks on hardtail frame? is that really bad?
Posted: Jun 2, 2010 at 17:59 Quote

Doubt I could brake this if I tried. You could run a DC on your Da Bomb, it most likely wouldnt break, but it would feel really bad because the geometry would be a lot different than it was intended for. It's like putting a DJ3 on a V10, probably nothing will break but it will ride like shit.

Posted: Jun 2, 2010 at 20:10 Quote
It could easily break. The reason frames are rated is because unwanted stress from bigger forks can cause the frame to snap

Posted: Jun 2, 2010 at 20:18 Quote
dmanj wrote:
It could easily break. The reason frames are rated is because unwanted stress from bigger forks can cause the frame to snap

it can snap either way, the bigger the fork, the more likely the snappage. the rating of the frame is just for warranty anyways.

Posted: Jun 2, 2010 at 20:21 Quote
Which is why you shouldn't void it

Posted: Jun 2, 2010 at 20:23 Quote
isnt he buying used?

Posted: Jun 2, 2010 at 20:53 Quote
Didn't say that

Posted: Jun 2, 2010 at 20:57 Quote
oh well, its only warrantied for 120 anyways, i guess it depends what fork hes getting if he doesnt go with the double crown.

Posted: Jun 3, 2010 at 17:41 Quote
i think it'll look sweet, but sorry to be a downer....why would you need 8 inches of travel for small jumps?

Posted: Jun 3, 2010 at 21:11 Quote
marinellianthony wrote:
i think it'll look sweet, but sorry to be a downer....why would you need 8 inches of travel for small jumps?

maybe hes also doing dh, you can be good at dh but bad at dh. as long as he isnt doing xc a bigger fork will feel nice. as its already been said, he only wants to use a double cause he doesnt want to buy a new fork.

Posted: Jun 6, 2010 at 22:22 Quote
marinellianthony wrote:
because you'd be a baller

Posted: Jun 7, 2010 at 13:34 Quote
When I first built up my On One 456 Summer Season I used an old pair of Boxxer 151 forks.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/Biggelmo/?action=view&current=OnOne456SummerSeason002.jpg
I emailed On One and checked that the warranty was`nt void and they were fine with dual crown forks on it.

Posted: May 15, 2011 at 18:59 Quote
The 05 Norco Manik came with dual crown forks. Check out my Kona Stuff with Rockshock Boxxer racing fork, bike is fine i have lowered fork to fit the frame so that the head tub will not crack or snap off, but it can happen. the way that this will happen is if you have the fork exstended out wayy to much and makes the front of the bike go up and the forks point out to much. please take a look at my bike!

Posted: May 16, 2011 at 5:34 Quote
robloveshiskona wrote:
Grave dig Blank Stare
THis ^

plus @Maxmax, your kona looks to be running what, 160mm?
no chance that thing was EVER warrantied for 160mm. i wouldnt run more than maybe 130/140 on that thing, not to mention its going to ride horribly with that much travel.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011205
Mobile Version of Website