Dual Crown Forks on hardtail frame? is that really bad?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Dual Crown Forks on hardtail frame? is that really bad?
| Next Page
Posted: May 16, 2011 at 14:06 Quote
rolto1822 wrote:
robloveshiskona wrote:
Grave dig Blank Stare
THis ^

plus @Maxmax, your kona looks to be running what, 160mm?
no chance that thing was EVER warrantied for 160mm. i wouldnt run more than maybe 130/140 on that thing, not to mention its going to ride horribly with that much travel.

Bike runs great I love the dual crown on it. And I don't care about the warranty it's a 05 or 07 frame can get one off the computer for like 75 dollars. And that is a older picker and the forks are lower now and I have had the bike to more than one bike shop and they all say it is fine the way it is.

Posted: May 16, 2011 at 14:16 Quote
MaxMax23 wrote:
The 05 Norco Manik came with dual crown forks. Check out my Kona Stuff with Rockshock Boxxer racing fork, bike is fine i have lowered fork to fit the frame so that the head tub will not crack or snap off, but it can happen. the way that this will happen is if you have the fork exstended out wayy to much and makes the front of the bike go up and the forks point out to much. please take a look at my bike!

Yes your right, it came with a Boxxer at 7" of travel, seen a lot of guy's ride hardtails with dual crowns and no issues but usually they get a 7" Boxxer. Friend of mine rode an entire season with a Boxxer on his Devinci Hucker, still has the bike, no cracking. LOLLL Seem the younger crowd is quick to jump on the band wagon that all hardtails with dual crowns will fail. Rolleyes I will agree some frames just will not handle it too well.

Posted: May 16, 2011 at 15:23 Quote
the maniks actually came with drop off triples

Posted: May 16, 2011 at 15:25 Quote
HORRIBLE DONT DO IT IT PUST PRESSURE IN WRONG SPOTS AND WILL RUIN YOUR FRAME MY FRIEND DID THAT AND HE HAS A REALLY STRONG FRAME PUT A DUAL CROWN HIT A JUMP AND IT SNAPEd

Posted: May 16, 2011 at 15:30 Quote
dmanj wrote:
the maniks actually came with drop off triples
Some years the drop off but before that with a Boxxer.

The main reason most HT frames don't handle Dual crowns well is not stress on the heat tube but the geometry gets changed from taller forks. In some cases yes it makes them way too slackand tghat stresses the head tube and yes some may break if their not strong enough. But by no means is it a written rule that all HT frames will snap with a dual crown. Some dual suspension frames as well won't handle dual crowns well if their designed for 100mm travel.

Posted: May 16, 2011 at 15:33 Quote
Ugggh, it depends what hardtail frame, some are NOT made for long travel.

Posted: May 16, 2011 at 15:36 Quote
Is the original poster still alive?

Posted: May 16, 2011 at 15:53 Quote
lol at this thread being full of statements of THE OBVIOUS...
(Rigaud i'm referring especially to you)
the main point being that very few frames are made to handle the amount of travel most commonly associated with dual crowns. that kona being one of them. they ride badly enough without being slackened out like a biatch.

Posted: May 16, 2011 at 16:00 Quote
rolto1822 wrote:
lol at this thread being full of statements of THE OBVIOUS...
(Rigaud i'm referring especially to you)
the main point being that very few frames are made to handle the amount of travel most commonly associated with dual crowns. that kona being one of them. they ride badly enough without being slackened out like a biatch.

Yes I will agree with you with that Kona, my last statement didn't say that sorry. Me and Kona's don't like each other anyways. Sometimes the obvious can't be seen by some people, unless theirs good gussets at the head tube I myself wouldn't put on a big travel fork.

Posted: May 16, 2011 at 16:34 Quote
everybody stfu and let the thread die Evil

Posted: May 16, 2011 at 16:37 Quote
Infiltrator wrote:

Rolleyes

Posted: May 16, 2011 at 19:02 Quote
MaxMax23 wrote:
Infiltrator wrote:

Rolleyes

Yeah, he's just being a big web boy but still gets his nose wiped. LOLLL

Posted: May 17, 2011 at 1:01 Quote
Infiltrator wrote:
This Razz

Posted: May 18, 2011 at 5:02 Quote
Rigaud wrote:
Seem the younger crowd is quick to jump on the band wagon that all hardtails with dual crowns will fail. Rolleyes I will agree some frames just will not handle it too well.

Word.

That is all.

Posted: May 18, 2011 at 5:35 Quote
Infiltrator wrote:

Agree with you for once.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009511
Mobile Version of Website