Worst Trends in biking?

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Worst Trends in biking?
Posted: May 17, 2009 at 12:29 Quote
summerlandrocker wrote:
Qc-Rider-14 wrote:
Gpa970 wrote:
i believe wearing a helmet is a trend, mainly in downhill though. who wears one of those. also i would say suspension on a dh race bike is pointless. damn these are crazy trends they will be gone in about 2 months
I think you fell too many times on your head!Dead Horse
+1 Qc! hahaha, put on a helmet and get a full suspension bike Gpa970
what a nob.... i have a pic here of him on a bike with susp (fork only) and wearing a helmet...
photo

Posted: May 17, 2009 at 12:40 Quote
[Quote="skidmark620"]
summerlandrocker wrote:
Qc-Rider-14 wrote:
I think you fell too many times on your head!Dead Horse
what a nob.... i have a pic here of him on a bike with susp (fork only) and wearing a helmet...

He was clearly joking.....

Posted: May 17, 2009 at 13:35 Quote
[Quote="Spcialzd"]
skidmark620 wrote:
summerlandrocker wrote:

He was clearly joking.....
ya its pretty obvious he was jking

Posted: May 17, 2009 at 18:16 Quote
this is a seriously retarded thread.

I rarely ever where jeans when I am going for a ride, that is what shorts are for.

I commute in jeans, but I have this $2 invention called a pant clip, that or I just roll it up.

People who bash spandex have never ridden in spandex. This is pinkbike is the laughing stock of the cycling community. It is just full of little ignorant kids who think XC/Road is gay and that real men do DH!!!!!!!!!

Spandex is stretchy. Cotton, not so much, neither is nylon. Those 'girl' jeans that you hold ever so closely to have spandex in them.

Sometime hop a road bike, take is for an 80k ride in your baggy shorts, then throw on a pair of cycling shorts and tell me spandex is gay.

I am also willing to bet you are the same kind of kid that thinks that shaving your legs is super gay. You have obviously never crashed on road and had your hair burned into your legs, then try to pick it out so that you don't get a huge infection.

Posted: May 17, 2009 at 20:06 Quote
bonfire wrote:

I rarely ever where jeans when I am going for a ride, that is what shorts are for.

I commute in jeans, but I have this $2 invention called a pant clip, that or I just roll it up.

People who bash spandex have never ridden in spandex. This is pinkbike is the laughing stock of the cycling community. It is just full of little ignorant kids who think XC/Road is gay and that real men do DH!!!!!!!!!

Spandex is stretchy. Cotton, not so much, neither is nylon. Those 'girl' jeans that you hold ever so closely to have spandex in them.

Sometime hop a road bike, take is for an 80k ride in your baggy shorts, then throw on a pair of cycling shorts and tell me spandex is gay.

I am also willing to bet you are the same kind of kid that thinks that shaving your legs is super gay. You have obviously never crashed on road and had your hair burned into your legs, then try to pick it out so that you don't get a huge infection.

no kidding bro! those XC riders are so ripped, and they are not gay! i tried riding with a group once, i couldent keep up
spandex is the best for almost any kind of riding, and its pretty durable

Posted: May 17, 2009 at 20:21 Quote
bonfire wrote:

Posted: May 17, 2009 at 20:40 Quote
bonfire wrote:

please end the thread

O+
Posted: May 18, 2009 at 0:00 Quote
bonfire wrote:

Fair enough dude people ride what they like.
You do understand though that trying to get people to emphasise with you when you're talking about having burnt your leg hair on the road, is kind of pointless since you were aiming your statement at people who obviously are knocking road cycling and so are unlikely to have experienced that!

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 1:14 Quote
I have ridden for 80k in baggy shorts. Then I rode two 100k (63 mile) rides in baggy shorts.
I don't dis spandex. Its just not for me. I'm not man enough to wear the tight black shorts that show everything to the world. Its not my style, and I'm not comfortable when I wear them.

I've had the road rash on my leg before. It sucks a lot. But Again, I'm not confident enough in myself to shave my legs. Some of my friends shaved their legs for fun, But Its just not something that I could do.

I'm not here to dis on anyone, In fact, I look up to you guys that are that extreme for biking. I don't think that I have a single piece of biking specific clothing that I wear besides a helmet.

Indeed, the tight pants have spandex. I don't wear pants that are that tight, but just tight enough to not get caught on my sprocket.

So... I don't know. Maybe this was entirely about assumptions.
Maybe assumptions are the worst trend in biking, and I'm all for getting rid of them.

Peace.

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 1:16 Quote
brakeless! dude, everybody needs brakes (or one)

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 2:17 Quote
Robbuuhhh wrote:
brakeless! dude, everybody needs brakes (or one)
reminds me of when i had to get to my lbs to get my brake fixed, so i rode over there brakeless, and almost got run over by a car which i would have easily avoided if i had a brake. brakeless is just stupid and a sure fire way to get yourself in a load of trouble very quickly

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 2:47 Quote
Yep. Thats probably one of the stupidest trends in Biking. I'm a subscriber tho Two-Face

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 10:08 Quote
i only subscribed to see the chirps Razz

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 11:17 Quote
driftrc wrote:
I have ridden for 80k in baggy shorts. Then I rode two 100k (63 mile) rides in baggy shorts.
I don't dis spandex. Its just not for me. I'm not man enough to wear the tight black shorts that show everything to the world. Its not my style, and I'm not comfortable when I wear them.

I've had the road rash on my leg before. It sucks a lot. But Again, I'm not confident enough in myself to shave my legs. Some of my friends shaved their legs for fun, But Its just not something that I could do.

I'm not here to dis on anyone, In fact, I look up to you guys that are that extreme for biking. I don't think that I have a single piece of biking specific clothing that I wear besides a helmet.

Indeed, the tight pants have spandex. I don't wear pants that are that tight, but just tight enough to not get caught on my sprocket.

So... I don't know. Maybe this was entirely about assumptions.
Maybe assumptions are the worst trend in biking, and I'm all for getting rid of them.

Peace.

you dont have confidence? dude its not like anybody cares about your legs bro, if they ask why you shave your legs say its so when you get cut its easier to clean, its none of their business anyway

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 13:16 Quote
Dude, whatever. Its a combo of things. Like I'm too lazy, I don't want people asking about it, and I don't really see the benefit.

So... I don't. I respect the guys that do.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012698
Mobile Version of Website