Crank: FSA Nasty Boy
Front Tire: HolyRoler 2.4
Rear Tire: Kenda Kinipition
Pedals: Xpedo MX-9
Chainring: Standard Byke 32 tooth
Bars: FSA Gravity
Stem: Funn Rippa
Seat Post: Riot Stick (cut down)

I am wanting to know what would make this bike lighter WITHOUT changing the frame, fork, and wheels.

I have been trying to do some research myself but I know that there are a lot of yall out there that know stuff first hand because yall have dealt with different parts.

Posted: Apr 20, 2009 at 21:43 Quote
the fork must go ,
u cant lower 36 vans (only talas and floats 36 can ) .
change your wheels to pimp lite front and rear with pro 2 hubs (gi hubs are heavy )
profile cranks

Posted: Apr 21, 2009 at 4:55 Quote
Agreed on the Van 36 replacement. If you already have it, sell it for a DJ specific fork.

Also agree on the wheels. Those are tanks. Again if you already have them, sell them and build something lighter. Seriously.

For other stuff get a Pivotal seat/post set-up or get a really light post like a Thomson and a super light seat. And yes Profiles with a Ti spindle.

You can also go microdrive with Profiles and get out of the 32t sized gearing. That will save some weight.

Posted: Apr 21, 2009 at 6:32 Quote
well, the fork I need to keep right now because of funds. the wheels, I know they are heavy but they are strong and I am kind of a big rider (200 pounds) and dont always land everything smooth haha. I am not going for a super super light bike, just lighter than what it is right now, thats why i said that that stuff needed to stay.....for now atleast

Posted: Apr 21, 2009 at 9:47 Quote
Well you could shave off a whole pound by swapping out your tires to something like the Kenda Small Block 8. You didn't list your actual seat, so you may have some weight to save there.

Posted: Apr 21, 2009 at 11:55 Quote
well the seat, i know has to go hahaha. what seat is light? i really would like an eclat combo but i would like to be able to have it high enough so i could pinch it with my legs sometimes and the eclat just has a super small post so you cant raise it too high, but i do like the weight of it

Posted: Apr 22, 2009 at 13:00 Quote
ive heard that going to a micro drive would make it feel "choppy". does it make it feel different at all?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010149
Mobile Version of Website