Rails vs pivotal

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Rails vs pivotal
Posted: May 1, 2009 at 10:19 Quote
seats are good for t-bogs as well Wink

Posted: May 1, 2009 at 10:29 Quote
sonicsloth wrote:
i don't understand why frames aren't just made "smooth" with no protruding seatpost.

That'd be a trials bike...
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.trials-online.com/images/echo-mod.jpg

Posted: May 1, 2009 at 10:34 Quote
Tribikefarce wrote:
street-panda wrote:
singlespeedtoday wrote:
Why are you seatless?

i sold old seat to fund new seat + post, but i only had enough for seatpost as old seatpost is still not sold, and now the seat is the post, but i already have the post Razz
your profound post about your post has made my pitiful brains go postal. (sorry, but I had to.)
street-panda wrote:
Tribikefarce wrote:
footjams must be interesting. your bike probably gets a little too friendly... Eek

lol i have been trying them on top of a bank the past 2 days, every time i slip i'm just like "OMG OMG OMG", i now have a few cuts in my cheeks and that kinda area lol
I lol'd through this whole conversation.

edit; that was a quoting fail

Posted: May 1, 2009 at 10:39 Quote
PBPphotog wrote:
Tribikefarce wrote:
street-panda wrote:

i sold old seat to fund new seat + post, but i only had enough for seatpost as old seatpost is still not sold, and now the seat is the post, but i already have the post Razz
your profound post about your post has made my pitiful brains go postal. (sorry, but I had to.)
street-panda wrote:
Tribikefarce wrote:
footjams must be interesting. your bike probably gets a little too friendly... Eek

lol i have been trying them on top of a bank the past 2 days, every time i slip i'm just like "OMG OMG OMG", i now have a few cuts in my cheeks and that kinda area lol
I lol'd through this whole conversation.

edit; that was a quoting fail
how the hell did THAT happen?!?!?!

Posted: May 1, 2009 at 12:45 Quote
classic example of taking a fad to farDead Horse

the plastic seat i mean

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 15:48 Quote
fly makes a post that is for a railed seat but itis ajusted like a pivitol and its pretty light. check it out in danscomp.

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 16:08 Quote
bmxr10 wrote:
fly makes a post that is for a railed seat but itis ajusted like a pivitol and its pretty light. check it out in danscomp.

I have one, they are really cool but expensive 65$ I think

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 16:10 Quote
I dont use my seat very often...But I like to have it when I'm just chillin so I can sit on it...or just cruisin down a hill or something. I like my pivotal better..I bend rails.

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 16:12 Quote
i olnly paid 35 on danscomp
bernbikeshop wrote:
bmxr10 wrote:

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 16:15 Quote
it was 65CAD
bmxr10 wrote:
i olnly paid 35 on danscomp
bernbikeshop wrote:
bmxr10 wrote:

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 16:32 Quote
driftrc wrote:
I have a habit of bending rails...
The (Much) lighter pivotal is still holding up fine..........
The only downside I see to the pivotal is that there is no forward or backward movement, Which was used mainly for getting maximum pedaling power on road/mountain bikes, Something that I won't use on a (nearly) slammed bmx bike seat, where I kick myself in the butt when I try to pedal sitting down...
(And no, I'm not a "trend whore." I have a bell installed on my BMX.)

In my experience the pivotal seatposts are allot stronger for the weight than railed posts. Have snapped railed seatpost clamps and bent seatrails where as my pivotal is fine. the seat does flex quite allot but wouldnt say that is a bad thing. Just a shame that there isnt as much choice on seats as they are only 2 different bases, normal or slim and slim aint comfy.

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 16:44 Quote
street-panda wrote:
hondarider241 wrote:
yeah...its an SDG Belair (mtb) and it sucks

i-beam? Confused

Yeah, the SDG Belair is an i-Beam i believe Blank Stare Is there any such thing as a 'railed pivotal?'

Posted: Jun 14, 2009 at 19:56 Quote
Rails! When I had a pivitol, if I left my bike outside in the rain at all, when I'd take my Bottom Bracket out water would pour out.. since theres a hole to adjust your seat, its a easy way for water to go straight through and sit on your BB.

Posted: Jun 14, 2009 at 20:03 Quote
why would you leave you bike in the rain

Posted: Jun 14, 2009 at 20:05 Quote
GangstaBoi wrote:
why would you leave you bike in the rain
Accidents happen, Same can happen when you wash your bike.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.115366
Mobile Version of Website