Easiest way to get grips off

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Easiest way to get grips off
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 at 11:34 Quote
Take a razor and cut them. Or if you want to save them, lift up the front end of the grip and pour lube down the grip.

Posted: Apr 23, 2009 at 13:03 Quote
Roll up the edge as far as ossible, and plaster some cheapy aftershave in them, then just twist them a bit and slide them off.

Posted: Apr 23, 2009 at 13:04 Quote
plastic lever of some sort and push it in lift it gently and squirt some hairspray in there.

Posted: Apr 23, 2009 at 13:11 Quote
marquis wrote:
plastic lever of some sort and push it in lift it gently and squirt some hairspray in there.

I do the same thing but not with hairspray. A little H20 will do the trick.

Posted: Apr 23, 2009 at 13:13 Quote
get some sprayable grease lift the grip with some device(i use screw driver) spray in grease and then twist and pull Smile

Posted: Apr 23, 2009 at 13:16 Quote
window cleaner, its nice and slippery and its good for putting on grips too, because it dries in a little while

Posted: Apr 23, 2009 at 13:45 Quote
amiright wrote:
I just lift up the edge and then spit under the grip. Then just ease the grips off.

if you use stuff like WD40, it would be difficult to get rid of the residue inside the grip and then with hairspray it just makes it more difficult to get back on.

Spit is the way forward!!
ya me to and when pulling slide grip side to side

Posted: Apr 23, 2009 at 15:59 Quote
exactly, at last someone else who just the same method lol

Posted: Apr 23, 2009 at 16:04 Quote
easiest way to get them off would be an air compressor, and then to get them back on just use some windex. it evaporates without leaving an oily residue. I would recommend using the real windex with teh streak free on that bottle. I think the stuff that isnt streak free will leave an oily residue which will then keep the inside of the grip oily, therefore itll slip

Posted: Apr 25, 2009 at 12:08 Quote
Jolly-Roger wrote:
Just water
but hot water

Posted: Apr 25, 2009 at 14:26 Quote
stanley knife and slice em off unless u wanna keep em

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014375
Mobile Version of Website