Video and Filming Tips

PB Forum :: Biking Videos
Video and Filming Tips
Posted: Jun 25, 2011 at 15:29 Quote
ScullMan wrote:
Is there anyway to stop Videos sound/music going out of sync,I know it has something to do with Slow - mo but i've seen videos with slow-mo and they were fine.Is it some way you compress the file or something else????
just match audio bitrates with bitrates from your video audio. should be fine.

Posted: Jul 1, 2011 at 13:49 Quote
Hi Guys took this video a couple of days ago, looking for as much criticism and help as possible so that y filming and editing can improve. Thanks

Views: 293    Faves: 0    Comments: 2

Posted: Aug 27, 2011 at 9:22 Quote
http://contour.com/stories/its-all-downhill-from-here

heres the link to one of my first edits. if you guys could tell me what you think that'd be great! Smile thanks!

Posted: Aug 27, 2011 at 21:40 Quote
rosco5 wrote:
Hi Guys took this video a couple of days ago, looking for as much criticism and help as possible so that y filming and editing can improve. Thanks

Views: 293    Faves: 0    Comments: 2
Hey, not bad start. I'd suggest taking shots from different placements rather than just standing at eye level on the side of the trail and filming the rider coming towards you. Also use good songs. And test out some panning.

@TheSupreme777 that was also a good start. Obviously filming on a contour head cam is pretty restrictive so i'd suggest getting your hands on an actual video camera. You defiantly have the location though. That place is sick!

Posted: Oct 24, 2011 at 18:35 Quote
Hey guys I have a canon t2i with 18-135 lense. Not a heavy setup but i want to get a good smooth fluid head tripod that doesnt kill me on price. Like under 300. Let me know with any ideas!

Posted: Oct 24, 2011 at 18:39 Quote
tom-cuthbert wrote:
Manfrotto HDV 701

Thanks a lot man and im fairly sure that is just a head any ideas for the legs? correct me if im wrong about it being just a head

Posted: Oct 24, 2011 at 18:43 Quote
Yes its the head, that's the part that really makes the difference. Find some solid legs and you're sweet. I have manfrotto xb755 legs, might be out of your budget range though, I dunno.

Posted: Oct 24, 2011 at 18:46 Quote
tom-cuthbert wrote:
Yes its the head, that's the part that really makes the difference. Find some solid legs and you're sweet. I have manfrotto xb755 legs, might be out of your budget range though, I dunno.

Thanks for the head idea. the legs are a bit out of my range but i might look at them! great help and super fast thanks!

Posted: Oct 25, 2011 at 13:34 Quote
Views: 369    Faves: 1    Comments: 8

I just wanted to know what you guys think of this recent edit. Some of the things you will notice is that everything looks really close, and that's because in premiere pro CS5 the border of the raw video was outside the border lines on Premiere. Also the parts that are in slow motion are choppy because my camera (http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1499) only shoots in 30 fps.
Lastly, none of these shots were done with a tripod just for simplicity.

Posted: May 17, 2012 at 13:24 Quote
go easy on me!

Views: 10,346    Faves: 153    Comments: 13

Posted: May 17, 2012 at 15:19 Quote
i would try using a song that hasnt been used in a popular video.. and also try staying away from zooms unless they are fluid the whole way through. also, i think you would benefit from more camera movement too. and stay away from choppy slowmos haha. getting much better tho

lol at first i was like: what, why did he get out of the passanger side and then take his helmet out of the drivers side!? then i realized oh yea... we are backwards

Posted: May 26, 2012 at 11:24 Quote

this was the first time trying my GoPro HD and even my new Macbook, let me know what I could do better,

Posted: Jun 6, 2012 at 15:30 Quote
wrote:
wrote:
this was the first time trying my GoPro HD and even my new Macbook, let me know what I could do better,

This is pretty good, I like how the GoPro was stabilized and the color looked pretty good. Keep it up and as always, have fun!

Posted: Jun 6, 2012 at 18:50 Quote
wrote:
wrote:
Trekbiker2 wrote:

This is pretty good, I like how the GoPro was stabilized and the color looked pretty good. Keep it up and as always, have fun!

Thanks! I didn't modifie the color ! and also some part were not stabilized and other were, I was just so concentrated! I'd like the Hero 2 tho, we now use Canon HD camera too!

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015691
Mobile Version of Website