What are the BEST PLATFORM PEDALS for DH?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What are the BEST PLATFORM PEDALS for DH?
Posted: Dec 28, 2011 at 20:46 Quote
Hey guys, I can't decide between DMR Vault and Superstar Nano Flats. The price difference would be 25 quids, so it's not a significant difference. I love everything about the vaults but have seen a few snapped ones, they claimed it was not even jumped in some cases. It does look fragile and seems to light for it's size, but are they really that unreliable? I'm mostly doing light freeride and smaller jumps. Also heard that SS pedals tend to loose pins and brake at the axle but most ppl seem to love them. What you think?

Posted: Dec 29, 2011 at 12:49 Quote
alien85 wrote:
Hey guys, I can't decide between DMR Vault and Superstar Nano Flats. The price difference would be 25 quids, so it's not a significant difference. I love everything about the vaults but have seen a few snapped ones, they claimed it was not even jumped in some cases. It does look fragile and seems to light for it's size, but are they really that unreliable? I'm mostly doing light freeride and smaller jumps. Also heard that SS pedals tend to loose pins and brake at the axle but most ppl seem to love them. What you think?

Superstar state that the crmo axle is meant to snap before the pedal body,now i dunno about you but the last thing i want to break is the axle to save some crummy pedal body,so look else where.

Posted: Dec 30, 2011 at 9:33 Quote
marquis wrote:
alien85 wrote:

Superstar state that the crmo axle is meant to snap before the pedal body,now i dunno about you but the last thing i want to break is the axle to save some crummy pedal body,so look else where.

I'm looking for something
-Sub £60
-Red
-Slim
-Massive
-Grippy as f*ck
-Nice looking

Have you / anyone got suggestions?

Posted: Dec 30, 2011 at 9:52 Quote
marquis wrote:
alien85 wrote:

I've seen 3 sets of vaults snapped, whereas in practice even if they're meant to snap at the axle i haven't seen any ss pedals snapped. vaults are soo nice if you want them just for riding trails or something but for downhill or dj i just wouldn't trust them at all

Posted: Dec 30, 2011 at 14:15 Quote
dh-pete wrote:
photo
DMR Vaults Smile
Well, that's the thing, if it's 1 out of 300 000 than it's okay, but if it's just badly designed and can't take the beating that's an another question. I've seen about 3 damaged ones, but without knowing precise numbers it just means that they are not indestructible.

Posted: Dec 30, 2011 at 14:16 Quote
dh-pete wrote:
photo
DMR Vaults Smile

haha exactly, was just going to pull that one out!

O+
Posted: Dec 30, 2011 at 15:41 Quote
Canfield crampon pedals are absolutely awesome best pedal I've stepped on. I have 510 karver shoes and It's as close to being clipped in without being clipped in. I used to have Kona wah wahs there a 7/10, there large and slim (not as slim as canfields) but there like 1/2 the price

Posted: Dec 30, 2011 at 16:40 Quote
freedjdh wrote:
Canfield crampon pedals are absolutely awesome best pedal I've stepped on. I have 510 karver shoes and It's as close to being clipped in without being clipped in. I used to have Kona wah wahs there a 7/10, there large and slim (not as slim as canfields) but there like 1/2 the price

Only if Canfield crampon would be available in the UK:/
Might end up buying Spank Spikes if I find any around £80

Posted: Dec 31, 2011 at 9:29 Quote
alien85 wrote:
marquis wrote:
alien85 wrote:

-Sub £60
-Red
-Slim
-Massive
-Grippy as f*ck
-Nice looking

Easton flat boys but they only come in black.

Posted: Dec 31, 2011 at 9:41 Quote
alien85 wrote:

superstar are alot cheaper and all ive heard is good reviews my mate has them to and they have great grip and he has nearly had them for a year now

Posted: Dec 31, 2011 at 22:01 Quote
alien85 wrote:
marquis wrote:
alien85 wrote:

-Sub £60
-Red
-Slim
-Massive
-Grippy as f*ck
-Nice looking

Welgo b065?

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://vancouver.lowprice.ca/_images/vancouver/820004_s.jpg

Posted: Dec 31, 2011 at 23:51 Quote
alien85 wrote:
marquis wrote:
alien85 wrote:

-Sub £60
-Red
-Slim
-Massive
-Grippy as f*ck
-Nice looking

some black and red 50/50s?

Posted: Jan 1, 2012 at 4:27 Quote
Anyone using/used NRG tasters choice, I am thinking of getting them, but they look iffy, I don't know what I think about ht components, anyone have reviews? Or recommendations of other flat pedals?

Posted: Jan 1, 2012 at 8:36 Quote
For hell sake did you go through this thread?? Read or get out sheesh.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013361
Mobile Version of Website