2009 marzocchi 888 or 2010 boxxer race?

PB Forum :: Downhill
2009 marzocchi 888 or 2010 boxxer race?
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 27, 2009 at 22:23 Quote
Gabber wrote:
vokes wrote:
Somebody correct me if I am wrong .... but aren't the Boxxers ALSO MADE IN TAIWAN??

If not, where are they made ??????
I don´t said Marzocchi is shit because they are produced in Taiwan... I SAID SINCE THEY ARE PRODUCED THERE!!! So not because they are produced there only since then...

Ok, got it now ... yeah its hard to dispute that one. I agree with you here.

I wish they would have stayed made in Italy as well. It seems that every bike part is made in Taiwan now .. but you just never see anybody slagging the boxxer because its made there.

I don't get manufacturers some times ... I am sure Marz is regretting the change and the damage its had on their reputation. Sure they might have a higher profit margin now, but that kind of negates everything whe your sales drop off. Hopefully in 09, they get some respect back, but I don't see that being for a while until they cater to the weight weenie crowd. At the end of the day, most people will rate forks based on weight over every other consideration. Not saying that is right or wrong, just the way it seems now (forks, bikes, etc.)

O+
Posted: Apr 27, 2009 at 22:26 Quote
so, just to skip all the generalizations everyone's making about marzocchi...
I rode a 2008 888 ata wc for a year, and i liked it. the only problem with the ata, is that specific model is known to need a rebuild, which involves sending it to the factory. other than that, it feels great. it feels like a marzocchi, which is different than other forks. it ramps up a lot.
i don't know which 888 you're going for, but if it's one of the coil models, there's really nothing to worry about. people disslike how the high and low speed compression is integrated into one adjustment, which i really didn't mind. now i have a boxxer team, which has separate high and low speed compression, and i leave the high speed fully open cause i really don't need it. i've had it fully open and fully closed, and i barely notice a differece. i'd rather leave it fully open just to make sure the fork uses all of its travel in any situation even if i don't notice it.
but... i think you should still go for the boxxer. i personally like how my 09 boxxer feels compared to the feel of the 888. considering the hype the 2010 boxxer has, it can only be better.
09 marzocchi is the exact same as 08, just to let you know
don't take anybodys word that the new 2010 boxxer will ultimately be better than the 888. no one's actually had the chance to ride it extensively. but personally, i'd love to check one out

Posted: Oct 10, 2010 at 20:50 Quote
All the talk about some of the forks being made in Taiwan and therefore inferior smells suspiciously like racism. I'm from the Asian region and the argument pursued by the anti-Taiwan ilk is flawed. Taiwan labor is not cheap if compared to China and the rest of the region...the reason bike manufacturers choose Taiwan is it's advanced aluminum welding technology know-how. People have been building aluminum bikes there for the longest time, next only to Japan.

That's the reason why majority of bike companies have their frames made there. Don't believe me? Give your bike a once over and you might just see that ubiquitous Made in Taiwan sticker somewhere on the bike. Ever heard of the Champion Downhiller riding on the ultra-exclusive Ellsworth? No? I thought so.

The reason why forks or any other bicycle component performs differently boils down to quality of materials, design and quality control. It is a total package one cannot scrimp on.

But then again there are bike products from Taiwan that do suck. Don't blame it on the Taiwanese in general though..these are the same people that make Giants, Fox forks, Da Bomb, KHS, and yes even Trek..

Cheers

Posted: Oct 10, 2010 at 21:23 Quote
Clownfish wrote:
All the talk about some of the forks being made in Taiwan and therefore inferior smells suspiciously like racism. I'm from the Asian region and the argument pursued by the anti-Taiwan ilk is flawed. Taiwan labor is not cheap if compared to China and the rest of the region...the reason bike manufacturers choose Taiwan is it's advanced aluminum welding technology know-how. People have been building aluminum bikes there for the longest time, next only to Japan.

That's the reason why majority of bike companies have their frames made there. Don't believe me? Give your bike a once over and you might just see that ubiquitous Made in Taiwan sticker somewhere on the bike. Ever heard of the Champion Downhiller riding on the ultra-exclusive Ellsworth? No? I thought so.

The reason why forks or any other bicycle component performs differently boils down to quality of materials, design and quality control. It is a total package one cannot scrimp on.

But then again there are bike products from Taiwan that do suck. Don't blame it on the Taiwanese in general though..these are the same people that make Giants, Fox forks, Da Bomb, KHS, and yes even Trek..

Cheers

1-0 for you my friend.

Posted: Oct 10, 2010 at 21:31 Quote
Personnally, i am getting a boxxer Team or WC

Posted: Oct 12, 2010 at 14:00 Quote
So which is one? I have the same situation hardly splitting my balls choosing between 2010 Race nor 2007 fox 40. Any?

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010705
Mobile Version of Website