Am i improving? How can i improve more? *Newer vids on page 5 and 6*

PB Forum :: Beginners
Am i improving? How can i improve more? *Newer vids on page 5 and 6*
Posted: Mar 14, 2010 at 13:04 Quote
now i'm trying to conquer my fear of jumping. Speeding up has definately made a big difference, here's a short clip of me practicing jumping and some small tweaks. Sorry that it's a bit rubbish, first time i've ridden in 6 months. Feeling a bit more comfertable with jumps now. Smile must practice more though!!
Views: 133    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Posted: Mar 14, 2010 at 13:15 Quote
looking at the previous videos you need to pedal more. find a good gear combo and pedal as fast as you can before the jumps. you will get more air and will go further. your cornering is better now, just need more speed as go in to it. just practise over and over again until you get it perfect. hope this helps

Posted: Mar 14, 2010 at 17:23 Quote
BullBoy1992 wrote:
now i'm trying to conquer my fear of jumping. Speeding up has definately made a big difference, here's a short clip of me practicing jumping and some small tweaks. Sorry that it's a bit rubbish, first time i've ridden in 6 months. Feeling a bit more comfertable with jumps now. Smile must practice more though!!
Views: 133    Faves: 0    Comments: 0
Stand up when you jump

Posted: Mar 14, 2010 at 17:54 Quote
you are doing good ,i think you need to practice "pumping" maybe you can build a pumptrack so you can practice, it will help you to be "pushed" by the terrain so you can go faster with no pedaling, other thing, be active on the bike....

Posted: Mar 14, 2010 at 20:11 Quote
For jumping lower your saddle a bit more. Also, lean back before take off and even out in the air or at the lip.

Posted: Mar 15, 2010 at 9:05 Quote
i shall cut my seatpost down and try again on the weekend. Smile Going as fast as i could on that... how can i get more air? and how do i pump the transition?

Posted: Mar 15, 2010 at 9:15 Quote
BullBoy1992 wrote:
i shall cut my seatpost down and try again on the weekend. Smile Going as fast as i could on that... how can i get more air? and how do i pump the transition?

the easiest way to describe how to pump is basically you have to 'push' the bike up the face of the jump it's a weird thing to try and explain as its just something that you get used to doing, also execellent choice of song in your '2009 edit' Big Grin .

Posted: Mar 15, 2010 at 15:30 Quote
here is something about pumping on the trail when you got it you´ll use it naturaly

Posted: Mar 17, 2010 at 9:01 Quote
cheers Smile i'll give it a go

Posted: Mar 17, 2010 at 9:24 Quote
best way to get better is watch pro videos and mimic technique esspecially when it comes to conering.

also find some aggression you have no aggression on your bike, pretend that you are punishing the bike because i see you have a kona coiler they can take abuse dont be scared to abuse the bike. from the videos you do not pedel enough or pump enough (watch videos of pros to learn these things) also i would not have gone to the full suss yet should have stuck with the hardtail because they are easier to learn to jump with and you will learn how to land smoothley. (just get aggressive on the bike, and dont hold a set position on the bike move forwards, and back bend and straighten your legs to flow with the trail)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.031554
Mobile Version of Website