My dad wont let me have just one back brake ?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
My dad wont let me have just one back brake ?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 27, 2009 at 13:46 Quote
when i tell him he just doesnt listen what to do ?

Posted: Apr 27, 2009 at 13:49 Quote
DarkElement101 wrote:
Exuse me....WHAT?

my parents dnot understand that evrey one use one brake for dj and he says u need 2 how can i convicne him to let me

Posted: Apr 27, 2009 at 13:49 Quote
just take it off when hes not around and sell ur ur brake he will never notice maybe be a little pissed if he finds out but who cares

Posted: Apr 27, 2009 at 13:50 Quote
I can't recall ever seeing a bike with more than one back brake. Maybe you could put a V-brake and a disk on the back, that would probably work. Or do you ride a tricycle? Only one back brake on a tricycle would probably make you spin out.

Posted: Apr 27, 2009 at 13:51 Quote
I just don't use it.

My dads just like that too.

I just gave up.

you could find a way to take it off fast then you could put it on when your storing it then take it off when your out on it.

EDIT: oh it's disks.

You could just take the calipers off.

Or if i were you just keep it on, front disks don't look too bad imo. where as front U-brakes look hideous.

Posted: Apr 27, 2009 at 13:51 Quote
popp wrote:
just take it off when hes not around and sell ur ur brake he will never notice maybe be a little pissed if he finds out but who cares

i did take it off and said i bent the disc and i need to rebend it and then i got home like 1 hour ago and he put the whole brake and disc bk on Madder

Posted: Apr 27, 2009 at 13:52 Quote
sittingduck wrote:
I can't recall ever seeing a bike with more than one back brake. Maybe you could put a V-brake and a disk on the back, that would probably work. Or do you ride a tricycle? Only one back brake on a tricycle would probably make you spin out.

Haha thats my favourite post ever! :L. But yeah i still have two, dunno how im gonna ask him but ill probably try convince him/persuade him, maybe show him some bikes on pinkbike or something

Posted: Apr 27, 2009 at 13:55 Quote
sittingduck wrote:
Clever Smile

Posted: Apr 27, 2009 at 13:55 Quote
But why do you need to take it off?

Posted: Apr 27, 2009 at 13:56 Quote
Maybe you could just leave it on?

Dads are always gonna be funny like that. Maybe if you speak to him nicely and show him photos/videos of people riding with only one brake, and tell him exactly why you don't need it, he will let you take it off.

Posted: Apr 27, 2009 at 13:59 Quote
end up breaking it or bending the disc and say u dont have money for nw ones cause they always break since they are in the way

Posted: Apr 27, 2009 at 14:01 Quote
you have a pod like this and wonder why your dad says no.

photo

Posted: Apr 27, 2009 at 18:05 Quote
FFS, quit whining about having a front brake. Learn some cool tricks with it....
Quit worrying about "what everyone else" does.
Atually being able to STOP is a nice options sometimes as well.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009651
Mobile Version of Website