My dad wont let me have just one back brake ?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
My dad wont let me have just one back brake ?
Posted: Apr 28, 2009 at 16:33 Quote
taffy047 wrote:
Stoked-Commencal wrote:
Can you barspin, tailwhip? If not then leave it on.

ye almost tail whip

ChateLife wrote:
photo

lol @ "almost tail whips" on this.

and at this:

Bike I ride: DMR REPTRIOD DOULE DISC Big Grin

Favorite Trails: yate dirt jump and newport skate park north nibley
About Me: I RIDE DIRT JUMPS PARK AND STREET FAV TRICK HUGE NO FOOTERS

im not trying to flame you buddy, but with all due respect think about this for a second. you're riding a 6" travel freeride bike, for street/dj, and you cant stand having a front brake. LEAVE IT ON.

ya i doubt it

Posted: Apr 28, 2009 at 16:34 Quote
btw get a shorter stem

Posted: Apr 28, 2009 at 16:37 Quote
Tell him you can't mount a front brake on the fork that you have, and unless he wants to pay for a new fork, you're not doing it. HAHA

Posted: Apr 28, 2009 at 16:38 Quote
bcurneen wrote:
Tell him you can't mount a front brake on the fork that you have, and unless he wants to pay for a new fork, you're not doing it. HAHA
Too bad the brake is already mounted onto the fork

Posted: Apr 28, 2009 at 16:40 Quote
haha, i didn't even look at the pics

Posted: Apr 28, 2009 at 16:44 Quote
well if you really have to not a run a front brake then you should show him how well your rear brakes work and or take off your front brake exept for the disk and run it like that he will prob. never notice (or you could just put everything on when around him)
Hope that helps

Posted: Apr 28, 2009 at 16:46 Quote
This is my advice. Get a hammer and just start smashing your disc and then show him then you will have to take it off

Posted: Apr 29, 2009 at 23:27 Quote
my advice is to stop bitching and go ride your bike

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2009 at 23:41 Quote
this has gone on for to long if you paid for your bike take it off hide it if your parents paid for it they have every right to tell you to keep it on. In the long run it really wont be holding you back a front brake holds no one back if it is run through the steer tube and if it is holding you back and your parents paif for the bike make a compramise get the hose or cable ran throught the steer tube problem solved parents happy its out of the way... and if i hear the comment my bikes to heavy you need to just get out and ride more i keep up to all my friends out ride a few that are all weight sensetive and want the sub 30 DJ bike mean while im out there on a 37lb 4" fully just rocken it not complaining at all. So make the compramise or just do it and hide it leave it at a friends house OR shut up and go ride your bike.

Ryan

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 at 0:27 Quote
aniyn wrote:
This seems like a huge no brainer.
1: As has been said before, a 6" freeride bike SHOULD have a front brake
2: If they're hyrdos, just drain the fluid
3: if they're cable, just cut the cable and tuck the end back up into the cable housing
4: Undersized rotor
5: Set the lever so the brake can't contact
There are so many ways to sabotage a brake I can't believe this has a thread.

or you could just keep your finger off it...

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 at 0:48 Quote
OR dont be a trendwhore and leave it on. nuff said. end of thread!

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 at 1:45 Quote
wts the problem ,u cant x up or whip properly with that bike any way, thers no other benifits

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 at 2:23 Quote
kickitpinkbike wrote:
its not trendy you f*cktard there is absouletely no need for it. one brake is enough lots of people i know run brakeless. 2 brakes is dum unless ur doing dh or xc but dirt/park no need. lowers weight feels better, looks better.
You f*cking dick

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 at 3:09 Quote
sentenced2life wrote:
kickitpinkbike wrote:
its not trendy you f*cktard there is absouletely no need for it. one brake is enough lots of people i know run brakeless. 2 brakes is dum unless ur doing dh or xc but dirt/park no need. lowers weight feels better, looks better.
You f*cking dick

without the swearing of course,but 2 kids in my town just ended up in hospital following this brakeless bullshit trend.

theres gonna be a point that someone is gonna be answerable to all this trend following,and i hope its the parents.

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 at 3:53 Quote
Firstly most people only have 'one back brake'. If you can't do stuff with a front brake, just get something like an FSA headset cap with the hole down the middle for your cable or hose. At least with this you can please both you and satisfy your dad that you are going to be safe(I'm sure he isn't telling you this because he thinks he's right, it is most likely that he does not want you to get hurt if say one brake fails. It's not fun if say your cable snaps while going down a hill, it was a really close one for me) so take this into consideration before making a decision you might regret.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.723270
Mobile Version of Website