How does COD work? And how do you use it? Is it scammable?

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
How does COD work? And how do you use it? Is it scammable?
Posted: Aug 4, 2008 at 19:20 Quote
peach wrote:
markstoklosa wrote:
i know this is an old thread but i just clear up some questions i have.

when you send the parcel, does it goes to the persons house or to the nearest canada post?

how will they know that the buyer needs to pay?
It goes to the post office. Then a slip is sent to the house saying how much the item's worth and where it can be picked up.

ooh okay, but how is the post office suposed to know how much the buyer has to pay for it?

Posted: Aug 4, 2008 at 20:01 Quote
markstoklosa wrote:
peach wrote:
markstoklosa wrote:
i know this is an old thread but i just clear up some questions i have.

when you send the parcel, does it goes to the persons house or to the nearest canada post?

how will they know that the buyer needs to pay?
It goes to the post office. Then a slip is sent to the house saying how much the item's worth and where it can be picked up.

ooh okay, but how is the post office suposed to know how much the buyer has to pay for it?
When you ship the box or whatever, you wright down on the shipping slip how much the box will cost to pick up.

Posted: Aug 4, 2008 at 20:03 Quote
peach wrote:
markstoklosa wrote:
peach wrote:

When you ship the box or whatever, you wright down on the shipping slip how much the box will cost to pick up.

ohh alright, thanks for the help man

Posted: Aug 4, 2008 at 20:05 Quote
Not a problem. I ship things out COD all the time, so if you have anymore questions just ask.

Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 13:21 Quote
peach wrote:
aniyn wrote:
It is scammable. I've never used it, but it think you should check the box contents before pay for the item. After all, you don't want to pay for an empty box, or a POS walmart component.
They will "NOT" let you look in or open the box without you paying for it first. I've tryed lol
what if u ask the seller to specify with his post office that he gives permission for me the buyer to open it.

Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 14:42 Quote
they still wont let you open it.

kingfisher1 wrote:
they still wont let you open it.
even if the seller gives permission..

rohan- wrote:
what if u ask the seller to specify with his post office that he gives permission for me the buyer to open it.

I'm almost positive that its a matter of company policy, probably insurance related. I can't say I've ever heard of anyone successfully attaching that condition to a package or else I'm sure more people would be doing it.

Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 19:18 Quote
i did try it a few times and they will just sey its not possible, unless you know the people that work where you picking the package.

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 9:32 Quote
Sorry to drag up an old thread, but can anyone describe the slip thats sent to your house? like size, colour and whatnot?

Mod
Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 9:44 Quote
What slip are you talking about?

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 9:47 Quote
Well, I have been waiting for aframe to get here, and this morning I got a white piece of cardboard paper fro mthe post office with a sticker on it addressed to my house.

The piece of paper said that the post office was holding an item for 15 days.

So im wondering if this is it? Or is this something else?

Mod
Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 9:48 Quote
Yes, that would be it. Bring the slip and a piece of photo ID on it to the post office that is holding your parcel.

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 9:49 Quote
Thank you, for your help.

Posted: Apr 10, 2009 at 11:33 Quote
I got a question sorry to grave dig.
If you are the seller what things should you do to make sure you dont get scamed.
My dad says to get the money first but is that even possible with cod?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014209
Mobile Version of Website