How does COD work? And how do you use it? Is it scammable?

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
How does COD work? And how do you use it? Is it scammable?
  • Next Page
Mod
Posted: Apr 10, 2009 at 11:41 Quote
Well, you can ask the seller for t cost of return shipping upfront if you do COD. Say shipping will cost $20, you ask them to send you $20 upfront and then, you take that $20 off the total COD fee so that the buyer isn't overaying. However much they give you for shipping upfront, you take off the total cost of of the COD order.

With COD, the post office will only give the buyer their package when they payfor it. However, if they don't pick it up/pay for it, you are on the hook for the shipping as you pay that upfront.

Posted: Apr 10, 2009 at 11:43 Quote
Alright thanks for the help.

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 12:34 Quote
peach wrote:
Not a problem. I ship things out COD all the time, so if you have anymore questions just ask.
alright, so i want to send out some rims.
once i get to the post office what do i do if i want to ship COD.
do i need to pay any money at all if the person is paying shipping.
for example im selling them for 60$ and the person buying them said they will pay shipping, can u explain how it works. thanks

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 12:44 Quote
When you get to the post office tell the person behind the counter that you'd like to ship it COD. There will be a form that they'll fill out with the COD value, what's in the box, addresses, etc. If the purchaser is paying shipping then you'll pay the shipping charge but add that amount to the $60 so you'll get it back. So say the shipping is $15, you'd pay the $15 then mark the COD value as $75.

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 12:46 Quote
and then once it arrives to the buyer they will pay 75$?

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 12:49 Quote
michaelp1 wrote:
and then once it arrives to the buyer they will pay 75$?

Yes. Once they pay the money, the shipping company will make out a money order for the amount they collected and mail that to you. You cash it and that's the process.

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 12:52 Quote
alright thanks
time to sell some rims! lol

Posted: Oct 6, 2010 at 16:10 Quote
peach wrote:
Not a problem. I ship things out COD all the time, so if you have anymore questions just ask.
how long does it take for your money to come to you once the parcel is recived?

Posted: Oct 7, 2010 at 18:10 Quote
easternbeastern wrote:
peach wrote:
how long does it take for your money to come to you once the parcel is recived?

It depends. I have had some CODs pay out in 3 days and I've had others that paid out 2 weeks later. The postal service is a wonderful thing like that.

Posted: May 3, 2012 at 7:48 Quote
How much is the C.O.D charge? Does the post office charge pst and gst?

And when it arrived at the post office, since it is addressed on me I can't open the box? What if I pay and the content inside is not what I ordered?

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017910
Mobile Version of Website