Brakeless braking techniques?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Brakeless braking techniques?
Posted: Apr 30, 2009 at 19:56 Quote
xt-shreder wrote:
Unhallowed wrote:
ricar wrote:
There are guys who rock brakeless, nuff said. IMO brakeless on the street should be against the law if it's not. You are a danger to the rest of the world weather you agree or not. If you get run over and killed by some mother because you screwed up, you just destroyed her mind because you were too cool to run brakes. Same as any place that is visited by kids that don't always know how to stay out of the way.
it's illegal to ride with any less than 2 brakes.
one front, one rear. both activated by separate controls.
that is the minimum required by law.

... I personally want dual discs up front on my FR rig like on motorcycles.Drool
law requires you to have to have one breaking system that can skid on flat dry concrete, and i can do that with my foot in my tire
plus i can just put 24" wheels on it and no more laws cause it becomes a toy and not a veichal
if your gonna bring up laws..how bout reflectors and lights??

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 at 19:57 Quote
xt-shreder wrote:
Unhallowed wrote:
ricar wrote:
There are guys who rock brakeless, nuff said. IMO brakeless on the street should be against the law if it's not. You are a danger to the rest of the world weather you agree or not. If you get run over and killed by some mother because you screwed up, you just destroyed her mind because you were too cool to run brakes. Same as any place that is visited by kids that don't always know how to stay out of the way.
it's illegal to ride with any less than 2 brakes.
one front, one rear. both activated by separate controls.
that is the minimum required by law.

... I personally want dual discs up front on my FR rig like on motorcycles.Drool
law requires you to have to have one breaking system that can skid on flat dry concrete, and i can do that with my foot in my tire
plus i can just put 24" wheels on it and no more laws cause it becomes a toy and not a veichal

on flat dry concrete, i can footjam skid the back and front wheel...

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 at 19:57 Quote
actually no, it was quoted in a thread somewhere.
you need to have what I said.

reflectors and lights are only needed at night.

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 at 19:59 Quote
Unhallowed wrote:

hahaah a cop here gave my friend a ticket for not having a white light on the front of his bike and a red one on the back and he said "i cant afford those" and the cop said "if you can afford that bike you can afford the lights" and he just yelled back "where the f*ck do you think i spent all my money, ON THE BIKE"hahahahahahhah f*ck it was funny

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 at 20:01 Quote
Unhallowed wrote:

not in ontario, trust me
http://www.ncf.ca/freenet/rootdir/menus/community.associations/cfsc/bike-ed/laws
3rd one down

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 at 20:06 Quote
xt-shreder wrote:
Unhallowed wrote:

not in ontario, trust me
http://www.ncf.ca/freenet/rootdir/menus/community.associations/cfsc/bike-ed/laws
3rd one down
contrary to popular opinion, the world doesn't revolve around Ontario

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 at 20:08 Quote
Unhallowed wrote:
xt-shreder wrote:
Unhallowed wrote:

not in ontario, trust me
3rd one down
contrary to popular opinion, the world doesn't revolve around Ontario

hahahhahhha i like BC wayyyyy better than ontario

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 at 20:09 Quote
just think "would i drive a car with no brakes?"

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 at 20:10 Quote
oneill-kid123 wrote:

incase you haven't noticed, a bike doesn't weight a couple tons... well atleast mine doesn't only go about... 20K tops on my bike...

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 at 20:11 Quote
(8 ) A cycle operated on a highway must be equipped with a brake that will enable the person operating the cycle to make the braked wheels skid on dry, level and clean pavement.

http://www.gvcc.bc.ca/links/motorvehicleact.shtml

says nothing about two?

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 at 20:39 Quote
Please don't post just to bitch about how much better you are because you use brakes. No one gives a shit.

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 at 20:46 Quote
corey-dh wrote:
brakeless is like pot
all the cool kids are doing it but its just ridiculously stupid in the end
its literally common sense to have a back brake for those "holy f*ck i almost got nailed up the ass by a truck" situations
think about it

its so true lol

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 at 20:47 Quote
I think we can call this thread over. The OP has his answer and everything else is starting to go off topic.

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 at 20:49 Quote
talon wrote:
I think we can call this thread over. The OP has his answer and everything else is starting to go off topic.

its a forum to discuss and this dicusion is going another way

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 at 20:57 Quote
B1LL15 wrote:
oneill-kid123 wrote:

incase you haven't noticed, a bike doesn't weight a couple tons... well atleast mine doesn't only go about... 20K tops on my bike...
genius! well abviously but the same stuff can happen on a bike, you run into another bike or car ect. ect.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010149
Mobile Version of Website