Why you don't see Marin bikes more often out there?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Why you don't see Marin bikes more often out there?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 30, 2009 at 13:51 Quote
Hi everyone!
I have an 08 marin mount vision and it's awesome, i rode two quakes and they feel so safe and last week i tried the 09 wolf ridge 2 and it's unblievable.
Shaums March own one or two masters championship with a quake but it seems that people don't give Marin much appreciation. Not even on the world cups.

WHY? cheers and sorry for my englishSmile

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 at 13:58 Quote
honestly i think there ugly and for the price that they charge for one of there bikes you could get something way better

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 at 14:10 Quote
I honestly think that the Mount vision and Wolf ridge bikes look beautiful. The mud clearance is hugh, which is a good thing for Scotland. They ride fantasticlly and I too don`t know why they aren`t more popular.

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 at 14:28 Quote
marins trail hardtails are excellent as is the quake i haven't riden any other marins but they all look great at least

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 at 14:32 Quote
i think also a reason you dont see alot of them is that they dont really make a dh bike all there bike seem to be pointed all ppl that ride xc and other disaplens but this is just my opinon

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 at 15:06 Quote
My uncle has a Marin Quake...and from what he tells me, its an awesome bike, no doubt. However, I guess they haven't really developed a good reputation with the gravity crowd, just mostly the XC and road crowd.

I would buy one if I had the money in a heartbeat though. It looks like it is solidly built and could really take a beating. Plus, its made in California. Plenty of people have a problem with the way it looks, but I think it's great.

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 at 15:26 Quote
hey, i've got a Marin Northside Trail, with many new parts and i love it, for what i use it for and the price i couldnt have found a better bike anywhere.
photo

Since this i have fitted Hayes Stroker Trails with 203mm rotors

FL
Posted: Apr 30, 2009 at 15:41 Quote
Got a quake and love the way it handles dh. admittedly I found a shop with 44% off RRP which helped. tis a great bike Big Grin

Posted: May 1, 2009 at 4:13 Quote
one of the reasons I think people don't like the quake it's because it looks massive and heavy when in fact it isn't.
And yes, they are expensive, my uncle is the no.1 Marin dealer in Portugal and the quake and the xc alchemist cost like 5500€.

Posted: May 1, 2009 at 10:46 Quote
SoulLeSS wrote:
i think also a reason you dont see alot of them is that they dont really make a dh bike all there bike seem to be pointed all ppl that ride xc and other disaplens but this is just my opinon
Dude have you seen there new dh bike

Posted: May 1, 2009 at 10:50 Quote
masterchiefofhell wrote:
SoulLeSS wrote:
i was on there site i didnt see any bikes related to down hill all the bikes are running triple chain rings with air shocks not really a downhill bike but if you got a link post it cuz i want to see

Posted: May 1, 2009 at 10:54 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/sea-otter-marin-quad-dh-2009.html

Posted: May 1, 2009 at 10:59 Quote
Solid bikes, bit pricey though.
They haven't really PUSHED into the gravity arena up until lately.
If they can give a bit more bang for the buck to the rider then I think they will jump leaps and bounds in popularity.

Posted: May 1, 2009 at 11:02 Quote
SoulLeSS wrote:
masterchiefofhell wrote:
SoulLeSS wrote:
i was on there site i didnt see any bikes related to down hill all the bikes are running triple chain rings with air shocks not really a downhill bike but if you got a link post it cuz i want to see
Go look up sea otter classic on home and you'll see it
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/sea-otter-marin-quad-dh-2009.html

Posted: May 1, 2009 at 11:04 Quote
Can nobody post links? haha.
For all you lazy people, CLICK HERE.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014100
Mobile Version of Website