Why you don't see Marin bikes more often out there?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Why you don't see Marin bikes more often out there?
Posted: May 1, 2009 at 13:48 Quote
I wish i could ride thee quad dh

Posted: May 1, 2009 at 13:52 Quote
SoulLeSS wrote:
honestly i think there ugly and for the price that they charge for one of there bikes you could get something way better

photo

Now rethink that post. From what I have had in the past, this bike is just pure sex on wheels.

Posted: May 1, 2009 at 13:58 Quote
SoulLeSS wrote:
honestly i think there ugly and for the price that they charge for one of there bikes you could get something way better
the price is a bit too much for there bikes

Posted: May 1, 2009 at 14:01 Quote
dobby wrote:
SoulLeSS wrote:

photo

Now rethink that post. From what I have had in the past, this bike is just pure sex on wheels.

hmmmm re thought there still ugly and why tha f*ck does it have 3 chains rings and a air shock in my opinon the only nice marin ive seen is the sea otter one

Posted: May 1, 2009 at 14:03 Quote
SoulLeSS wrote:
dobby wrote:
SoulLeSS wrote:

photo

hmmmm re thought there still ugly and why tha f*ck does it have 3 chains rings and a air shock in my opinon the only nice marin ive seen is the sea otter one
Its for speed smart @$$

Posted: May 1, 2009 at 14:04 Quote
does anyone know how to start their own forum please tell me cause i wanna make one thanks

O+
Posted: May 1, 2009 at 14:12 Quote
masterchiefofhell wrote:
SoulLeSS wrote:

They really aren't more than comparably parted bikes, a lot of times less. Check out the parts list.

EXAMPLE

Session 88 FR $6050 USD
http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/mountain_full_suspension/session_88/session88fr/

Quake 7.9 $5250 USD
http://www.marinbikes.com/2009/us/bikes/specs_quake_7.9.php

The parts spec is almost the same and the trek is mostly Bontager parts which would be cheaper since Bontager is part of trek.

Posted: May 1, 2009 at 14:22 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
masterchiefofhell wrote:
SoulLeSS wrote:

They really aren't more than comparably parted bikes, a lot of times less. Check out the parts list.

EXAMPLE

Session 88 FR $6050 USD
http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/mountain_full_suspension/session_88/session88fr/

Quake 7.9 $5250 USD
http://www.marinbikes.com/2009/us/bikes/specs_quake_7.9.php

The parts spec is almost the same and the trek is mostly Bontager parts which would be cheaper since Bontager is part of trek.
actually, the money you spend on a trek is justified compared to the marin. Bontrager isn't that bad, against common opinion, i ride it, and also trek got there suspension custom tuned from fox, so that adds money to it.

O+
Posted: May 1, 2009 at 17:14 Quote
coaster156 wrote:
actually, the money you spend on a trek is justified compared to the marin. Bontrager isn't that bad, against common opinion, i ride it, and also trek got there suspension custom tuned from fox, so that adds money to it.

No, you COMPLETELY missed the point. Someone said that Marins are overpriced where that is an example where they are lower priced than another bike w/ the same part spec.

And that "tuning" is not going to add over 800 to each bike...stfu

Posted: May 2, 2009 at 4:58 Quote
Personally I find them to be beautiful, ok not as beautiful as an iron horse sunday but they are fine. The shape of the tubes is awesome, how many more bike do you know that are hydroformed? It gives you a better feeling while riding it, especially an hardtail model.

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 22:28 Quote
So you want to see what's coming soon...9.8" of pure bliss and it can pedal too! Who says Marin isn't going after the DH and Freeride seen?

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll112/trinitybikes-6/2010TeamDH.jpg

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 22:33 Quote
I am running an 07 quake and it is a great bike, i have had no major problems with it and i have run it for 2 1/2 seasons in the whistler bike park. I know a lot of people in the sea to sky run Marin bikes. i think the reason they are less popular is that there are not any big retailers of them close to where i live. but the people who own them don't sound like they want to switch brands anytime soon.

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 22:35 Quote
I am a little on the bias side, but these bikes are amazing in comparison to what I've ridden. Plan on seeing them more and more this year as they are gearing up with some major marketing campaigns. Also, Mr Andrew Taylor is getting them some attention too!

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 at 17:12 Quote
I have an 08 Quake with the 8" link, an Elka rear shock, and a Boxxer WC up front. It is the best bike I have ever ridden by far...
I am picking up a Mount Vision 5.8 next week as well, again because it feels incredible.
I dont understand how you can possibly think they are too expensive and thats the reason why they dont sell. Trek is a prime example, yeah their bikes work ok but their Bontrager parts are shit. "But their suspension is tuned by fox" whoopidy doooo... the quad link was designed by a formula 1 engineer...

Sorry if this sounds a bit bitchy I am just sick and tired of people saying they dont sell because they cost too much, or they look ugly. It can look as ugly as it wants too as long as I pass your ass on the way down the hill Big Grin

I personally think they dont sell because they dont advertise too much, and they dont spend a TON getting some new up and coming pro kid to ride their stuff *cough* Kona *cough*. Now thats a company that makes trash... anyways back to my point, they are starting to get more mainstream as people are starting to take notice and well the new ones do look a bit better.

I bought both of mine because I rode them, and absolutely fell in love with them.

FL
Posted: Apr 30, 2010 at 5:13 Quote
EricBirk wrote:
I have an 08 Quake with the 8" link, an Elka rear shock, and a Boxxer WC up front. It is the best bike I have ever ridden by far...
8" link? more info please!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019036
Mobile Version of Website