26 or 24 inch rims for dj ?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
26 or 24 inch rims for dj ?
| Next Page
Posted: Apr 30, 2009 at 15:10 Quote
pinkits wrote:
sherbet wrote:
I'm 6'2" and building a 24". Coming from BMX, though. 24" only feels good with a 24" frame.
my frame is a small size tho it's 12.5 in propper measurements

And your chainstays are made for 26. Too longish.

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 at 15:11 Quote
talon wrote:
I switched to 24" with my latest bike and for urban/DJ I would never go back to 26". I have to pick up a 24" frame next season, but for now the 125 frame is great with the 24s.

He means having the chain stay length/ Head tube angle being 24" specific not the overall frame size.
im pretty tight on money tho im 13 so i wont be able to get a new frame for a long time.

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 at 15:16 Quote
I don't think it would really be an issue with your current frame to have to switch. It is just prefered to have it matched up. That being said I looked at your bike and I don't know if I would run 24" wheels with that derailleur. It seems like it is fairly low and would be closer to abuse.

If your current wheelset is still good I would stay with the 26" and save up money. Then when you trash them to can decide to switch over or not.

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 at 15:17 Quote
talon wrote:
I don't think it would really be an issue with your current frame to have to switch. It is just prefered to have it matched up. That being said I looked at your bike and I don't know if I would run 24" wheels with that derailleur. It seems like it is fairly low and would be closer to abuse.

If your current wheelset is still good I would stay with the 26" and save up money. Then when you trash them to can decide to switch over or not.
alright thx but im getting a short cage slx shadow derailer so that wont be a problem.

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 at 15:18 Quote
Yeah, your wheelset looks good. I would put the money into a new crankset or maybe some good brakes?

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 at 15:24 Quote
mitch1514 wrote:
deathwish wrote:
unless your fully grown and only 4'0" tall, stick with 26".

?? the size of your bike does not matter unless you sit on your seat. look at aaron ross, he rides bmx and he is a big guy
the size of your bike has a huge impact in DJ. taht's why they make them and not just HT

sherbet wrote:
Instead of arguing with you, I'll just correct you. It's not.
^^^LoL

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 at 15:28 Quote
Im 6 foot and i ride 24 inch wheels and the bike does not feel small on me at all. I used to ride 26 but now that I have 24 i dont think ill ever go back!

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 at 15:29 Quote
duboiss wrote:
Im 6 foot and i ride 24 inch wheels and the bike does not feel small on me at all. I used to ride 26 but now that I have 24 i dont think ill ever go back!
i ride both. i like 26 for biking up and down stuff and 24 for going off stuff. depends on what you are going to be using.

edit: and i'm 6'1"

Posted: Jun 27, 2009 at 23:44 Quote
Mazekwon wrote:
duboiss wrote:
i ride both. i like 26 for biking up and down stuff and 24 for going off stuff. depends on what you are going to be using.

edit: and i'm 6'1"
what do you mean? like what are the benefits for both and in what aspects do they shine?

Posted: Jun 28, 2009 at 0:14 Quote
any tell me, how Do 24's feel on a 24/26" frame?? not specifying to one but for either or

Posted: Jun 30, 2009 at 19:55 Quote
24's feel just fine on a 26" frame. You just aren't taking full advantage of them by using it. My room mate has the same geo 125 frame as me and after riding mine he is saving up to switch over. Mind you we both only ride street/dj and I throw some larger freeriding into the mix as well.

The advantages to 24" are that they are stronger/lighter/easier to manual. They also make the bike feel a little more agile.

Unless your doing x-country or downhilling on your dj bike frame I don't see a reason to having 26" wheels.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014658
Mobile Version of Website