How do you wash your bike?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
How do you wash your bike?
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 1, 2009 at 14:53 Quote
how do you guys wash your bike or bikes?

Posted: May 1, 2009 at 14:55 Quote
with water? dont use power washer bad for ur hub internals. also jizz cleans bikes well.

Posted: May 2, 2009 at 22:12 Quote
Get some car-cleaner stuff. . .like the stuff you use for the mirrors and stuff. Also if it's raining you could leave it out for a bit. . .but not to long or it will rust!

Posted: May 2, 2009 at 22:16 Quote
Stick it in the back of my truck and go for a drive in the rain.

Posted: May 2, 2009 at 22:18 Quote
Unhallowed wrote:
Stick it in the back of my truck and go for a drive in the rain.
Sounds fun.Facepalm

Posted: May 2, 2009 at 22:20 Quote
I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but I just hose mine off in the backyard, then dry it off and re-lube it.

Posted: May 2, 2009 at 22:21 Quote
anotherbikerguy wrote:
I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but I just hose mine off in the backyard, then dry it off and re-lube it.
What's wrong with that

Posted: May 2, 2009 at 22:32 Quote
wildbrian wrote:
anotherbikerguy wrote:
What's wrong with that
People on my biking team have a deathly fear of two things: A) washing your bike with a hose and B) WD-40. The mere mention of either one in front of some of my teamamtes will cause them to cringe in fear and/or verbally abuse me, saying things like "water within five miles of your bike will ruin every single pivot in the state!" and "WD-40 will make your bike fall apart underneath you while you're riding!" So I'm used to taking a lot of crap for washing my bike with a hose. I guess it's because a lot of them are roadies.

Posted: May 2, 2009 at 22:32 Quote
That is what I do.. Particularly if i have been riding in the mud.. After the wash I use Armor All and WD-40, dry it in front of the stove, and then re-lube...

WD-40 is NOT a lube though.. It is a water repellent..

Posted: May 2, 2009 at 22:35 Quote
anotherbikerguy wrote:
wildbrian wrote:
anotherbikerguy wrote:
What's wrong with that
People on my biking team have a deathly fear of two things: A) washing your bike with a hose and B) WD-40. The mere mention of either one in front of some of my teamamtes will cause them to cringe in fear and/or verbally abuse me, saying things like "water within five miles of your bike will ruin every single pivot in the state!" and "WD-40 will make your bike fall apart underneath you while you're riding!" So I'm used to taking a lot of crap for washing my bike with a hose. I guess it's because a lot of them are roadies.
Well there's your problem

Posted: May 2, 2009 at 22:35 Quote
redneckmech wrote:
That is what I do.. Particularly if i have been riding in the mud.. After the wash I use Armor All and WD-40, dry it in front of the stove, and then re-lube...

. . .and a de-greaser

Posted: May 2, 2009 at 22:44 Quote
wildbrian wrote:
redneckmech wrote:

. . .and a de-greaser

That also is true. Works very well as such..

Posted: May 2, 2009 at 22:46 Quote
redneckmech wrote:
wildbrian wrote:
redneckmech wrote:

. . .and a de-greaser

That also is true. Works very well as such..
Yeah a while back i accidently got WD-40 on my rotor! That was not very fun.Madder

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009651
Mobile Version of Website