Kamloops Race the Ranch

PB Forum :: Downhill
Kamloops Race the Ranch
Posted: Jun 4, 2009 at 16:26 Quote
you could flat in 2 sections.

the dip we were discussing earlier in the thread, and also the dual roller section crossing the abandoned service road before the man made rock garden and man made drop to off camber section. those rocks have tire slashing potential.

i'm not saying that you will flat on those sections but they are deffinitly areas to be concious of your wheel placement.

definitely a safer course than others. the mad trapper has claimed many many tubes of mine. first 2 runs i got double flats. and then many others thereafter.

Posted: Jun 4, 2009 at 20:21 Quote
yea i'll agree that those are the only places that are a real threat for flats

and keep an eye out for me too brown 06 demo 8 with stupid wide chrome barstup

Posted: Jun 4, 2009 at 21:26 Quote
We managed to get our irrigation system up and running tonight. We watered down a couple of berms and will continue watering tomorrow ans possibly during practice on saturday.

Thanks to Trev Marshall from Full Boar for helping with that, and Cheryl from the Cafe for helping with taping yesterday. Oh and Brad from Taboo Cycles for feeding us and lending me a bike to race on. Sweet!

Posted: Jun 5, 2009 at 16:33 Quote
o man here we go.

Posted: Jun 7, 2009 at 19:15 Quote
does anyone have the results or no where to find them?

Posted: Jun 7, 2009 at 20:26 Quote
ya there on the website but it dosnt say what the ranks are?

Posted: Jun 7, 2009 at 22:13 Quote
Give it a day. We're just getting home.

Thanks for coming out though guys. We had 340 racers (+ about 120 xc racers) which is a huge number. Who says racing is dead?

Posted: Jun 7, 2009 at 22:15 Quote
agreed your sure it wasnt in the 500's

because i went to look for results and saw plate # like 532 or somethin
and really good times racing way better course than last year

props guys

Posted: Jun 7, 2009 at 22:17 Quote
by race time the course was so beaten
but the race was really well organized

Posted: Jun 8, 2009 at 6:02 Quote
coombs1964 wrote:
agreed your sure it wasnt in the 500's

because i went to look for results and saw plate # like 532 or somethin
and really good times racing way better course than last year

props guys

No the plates are completely random.

Next year the berms will be all rocked in. I gotta say the upper portion I liked because of all the moto ruts. It was actually easier in parts to hold a line. Last week I did a couple of heater laps and my fastest was a 2:50. The course slowed so much since then, my race time was 3:11! Granted I did get caught behind the guy in front but whatever....

We have the best bike shops here (except for the other one that never offers help Wink ). Cafe stepped up and tore down both courses for us after the races. The worst job at a race and they did it with a smile. Brad from Taboo found us a ton of vollies, free beer, coffee, and had a nice new Transition Bottle Rocket for me to race on (since I'm bikeless right now). Trev from Full Boar helped me water the course late Friday and Saturday and gave out more wobbly pops to our crew. Support these shops.

Posted: Jun 8, 2009 at 8:26 Quote
can anyone guess who got a flat first run saturday?

i did.

i'm glad i got through before the wind picked up. that would have been annoying.

falling on the flat pedalling sections is also annoying.

Posted: Jun 8, 2009 at 8:55 Quote
there wouldnt happen to be a time penalty
if they didnt get your plate would there?
cause no one stopped me to get my plate
and my time was super shitty

Posted: Jun 8, 2009 at 11:17 Quote
yea i got a pretty dissapointing rank, probably because i only got one practice run in. still a really fun race, stoked for next year

O+
Posted: Jun 8, 2009 at 15:54 Quote
konastinkydeluxe08 wrote:
there wouldnt happen to be a time penalty
if they didnt get your plate would there?
cause no one stopped me to get my plate
and my time was super shitty
they tryed to stop you but you kept going

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.032041
Mobile Version of Website