Heckler

• Previous Page
Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 0:35 Quote
photo

seems like no one post a heckler.... I love this bike had it for 3 years now. This bike has been through a lot with me and i will never sell this bike....

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 1:21 Quote
ooouuuh

i like it

thats my dream bike.... w/fox 36...

like it, like it, like it ; )

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 at 17:44 Quote
jumphilo wrote:
photo

seems like no one post a heckler.... I love this bike had it for 3 years now. This bike has been through a lot with me and i will never sell this bike....

Hecklers are the best bike for the buck. Single pivot lives on with killer shock designs. A few years ago, when shocks sucked a55, the Heckler also sucked. But with the new shocks with excellent pedalling platform designs, the Heckler is rejuvenated, and can climb like a mountain goat and descend like a boulder!

LLH (Long Live Heckler).

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 4:20 Quote
singletrackslayer wrote:
jumphilo wrote:
photo

Hecklers are the best bike for the buck. Single pivot lives on with killer shock designs. A few years ago, when shocks sucked a55, the Heckler also sucked. But with the new shocks with excellent pedalling platform designs, the Heckler is rejuvenated, and can climb like a mountain goat and descend like a boulder!

LLH (Long Live Heckler).

yeah man...best bike ever for me..my best friend too...been through a lot with me...we fell over cliff once hahahahaa...tough frame...I will upgrade the shock to DHX 4.0 soon.

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 4:35 Quote
I want to upgrade to a 36 Talas and never buy another bike part again
photo
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1546746/

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 1:31 Quote
dara wrote:
I want to upgrade to a 36 Talas and never buy another bike part again
photo
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1546746/

photo

I help you to get the picture out

Is that RP23 ? Thinking about upgrading mine....DHX 4.0 or RP23. Nice set up but yeah you would feel a lot better with 36 though. I had the manitou stance flow on mine before and I'm regreting it....

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 6:53 Quote
All hecklers are amazin .

I have a red heckler with the 36s on it . Best bikes ever made and owned.

I will stick her on later.
photo

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 7:18 Quote
photo

I was thinknig of getting a Lyrik for mine

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 10:12 Quote
I have an 04 Heckler with a Fox DHX 5.0 and a Z1 ETA. I would like to put an air fork with travel adjust on it and can't decide between the Marzocchi 55 ATA or a Fox 36 Talas. I figured I would ask a bunch of loyal Heckler owners for advice. I'll post some pics when I get a decent camera.

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 17:33 Quote
radam wrote:
I have an 04 Heckler with a Fox DHX 5.0 and a Z1 ETA. I would like to put an air fork with travel adjust on it and can't decide between the Marzocchi 55 ATA or a Fox 36 Talas. I figured I would ask a bunch of loyal Heckler owners for advice. I'll post some pics when I get a decent camera.

Never tried the 55 ATA but I'm sure it will ride very nicely as most of the marzocchi forks are..... talas is the weakest in fox line up to me... my friend already got problems with the travel adjust on his only in 2 months or so..... They had to change the rod or something that suppose to hold the travel length. If you have the money I would go for 36 Float instead....

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 17:43 Quote
Yup Hecklers are awesome! I might have to put up some pics of mine soon...

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 18:50 Quote
jumphilo wrote:
radam wrote:

Never tried the 55 ATA but I'm sure it will ride very nicely as most of the marzocchi forks are..... talas is the weakest in fox line up to me... my friend already got problems with the travel adjust on his only in 2 months or so..... They had to change the rod or something that suppose to hold the travel length. If you have the money I would go for 36 Float instead....

I'm surprised to here that your friends Talas is bad, I thought they had that figured out. I've also heard the same with the ATA, that the travel winds down on some. It looks like a gamble. I think I may go with the Marzocchi 55 ATA.

I called Santa Cruz today and they said that If you have a 04 large or extra large Heckler that a DHX Air will fit. I guess the mediums and small have clearance issues. I 'm gonna try tomorrow with a friends DHX air off his Nomad to make sure there is clearance at the top tube. I hope it works.

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 21:36 Quote
Here's my Heckler. I got big plans for it. I'm gonna race my local Super D series this season so its gonna get much lighter. I'm gonna add Marzocchi 55 ATA, DHX Air, XT hydros, Gravity Light cranks with 36/24, E-thirteen DRS, DT 5.1d rims, Chris King or DT hubs, Gravity Light 70mm stem, Gravity Light handle bars, ODI grips, X9 mid cage, Time ZXX pedals and a WTB Speed V saddle.
photo

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 22:13 Quote
radam wrote:
jumphilo wrote:
radam wrote:

I'm surprised to here that your friends Talas is bad, I thought they had that figured out. I've also heard the same with the ATA, that the travel winds down on some. It looks like a gamble. I think I may go with the Marzocchi 55 ATA.

I called Santa Cruz today and they said that If you have a 04 large or extra large Heckler that a DHX Air will fit. I guess the mediums and small have clearance issues. I 'm gonna try tomorrow with a friends DHX air off his Nomad to make sure there is clearance at the top tube. I hope it works.
I asked them too.... and apparently the DHX air will put a dimple on the top tube of the frame. Best bet is to use the RP23 on them. mine is around 15kg at the moment, I just bought the Crossmax XL and will run it tubeless so it will be lighter. May be use a carbon seat post and handlebar. tryin gto get it down to 12kg..... dunno if it's possible

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 22:27 Quote
jumphilo wrote:
radam wrote:
jumphilo wrote:

I asked them too.... and apparently the DHX air will put a dimple on the top tube of the frame. Best bet is to use the RP23 on them. mine is around 15kg at the moment, I just bought the Crossmax XL and will run it tubeless so it will be lighter. May be use a carbon seat post and handlebar. tryin gto get it down to 12kg..... dunno if it's possible

My Heckler already has a dimple in the top tube above the shock. The dude at Santa Cruz asked me to check for it and said its there for clearance reasons so you could fit air shocks like the DHX.
I thought about the tubeless option and may consider it. As far as carbon goes I just don't want it because I like to freeride with the bike to. I know carbon is stronger then aluminum but it chips and can crack do to side impacts. Plus I don't like the way it looks. Thanks for the ideas though.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015052
Mobile Version of Website