Heckler

Posted: Apr 11, 2013 at 10:50 Quote
You can get saint 22/36/bg cranksets from chain reaction cycles pretty cheap right now.

Posted: Apr 11, 2013 at 13:31 Quote
Saints are super cheap right now!

Posted: Apr 11, 2013 at 15:54 Quote
Hey guys - I'm new to Hecklers. Picked mine up late last summer and have been enjoying it as much as I can! I recently started developing a creak mostly when pedaling out of the saddle. I was doing a quick clean today and taking a look at the pivots to make sure everything seemed ok and noticed the bottom pivot didn't seem quit flush. One side seems fine while the other has a bit of a gap and doesn't but up flush on the outside. Can any of you guys let me know if this is an issue or do all Hecklers look like this?

http://imgur.com/a/jKy0F

Posted: Apr 11, 2013 at 17:02 Quote
Is there side to side play? If not take your peddles off degrees the threds and do the same to the bb but grease on them then should do te trick! But if there is no play then that's the trick. Dos it make pops on the down hill? My money is on what I said. But who knows.

Posted: Apr 12, 2013 at 6:34 Quote
I didn't notice any play or pops while riding, things just looked a bit odd. I'm going to re-grease everything tonight and see if that fixes the issue. Thanks.

Posted: Apr 12, 2013 at 7:16 Quote
I'm assuming those pivots should be replaced periodically. What's the rule of thumb on when that should take place?

The LBS told me I should replace the shock bushing annually, are these the same? I'm all about preventative maintenance.

Posted: Apr 12, 2013 at 14:33 Quote
Pivots = as need basis generally speaking. Just check, clean, and check frequently. Rotate bearings periodically if you can. Refer to SC instructions/manual. If they start squeaking time to check the pivot bearings.
Bushings = Whenever you feel knocking when compressing shock or shock has play at the mounts. 1) Bushings are cheap so you can stock them 2) they take a jiffy @ LBS to change out.
Fork Service = Oil Change/Cleaning should be done pretty regularly, depends on how much you ride. Very easy to clean/replace oil (instructions everywhere).

Posted: Apr 13, 2013 at 11:23 Quote
tylerthegiant wrote:
My dhx air is taking forever to get here!!!

It is worth the wait, I just put a dhx 5 air on mine to try out...my dhx 5 coil isnt going back on unless im going to mammoth or northstar.

Posted: Apr 13, 2013 at 11:37 Quote
I use to work at a shop and my buddy is eping it and fox dosnt want you too call them if there not making money off you and I don't think they saw the fax yet. It's been a month!!!!!

Posted: Apr 14, 2013 at 14:50 Quote
Spicy-Mike wrote:
I am a die-hard RF guy as the result of only RF, Saint components, and the little bit of Hope. They both hold up nicely. Anyways, Atlas will work very very nicely on the Heckler..it was perfect on mine. Saint will be a bit heavier but as a result a little more stiff. But, in the end Atlas is very well designed and they're both really good cranks. So, Atlas for a little less weight but otherwise stiffness, performance, and design/durability. Saint for a bit more overkill. Atlas will do you more than fine.

Cool thanks mike.

Posted: Apr 14, 2013 at 22:48 Quote
I love my saints!! Look sick but some kash monkeys atlas would look sick!!!!

Posted: Apr 15, 2013 at 6:17 Quote
Yeah saints are overkill, only reason i have them is because at the time i got them cheaper than an xt, slx, turbine, or atlas crankset.

Posted: Apr 15, 2013 at 9:31 Quote
I did stech training and got them cause my sexxy side of my brain told me too :/ could of got xtr for dirt cheap. But I kinda built my bike off sex appeal. Never do that!!! Now I have a light fr bike lol. Only thing that is sexxy and reasonable on it is my gold king head set and my saint brakes lol and my deity saddle. Wheels could be lighter drive train oh you bet ya! But I buil it to last due too I'm not going to have that kind of money till the next three years!!! Maybe not that.

Posted: Apr 16, 2013 at 2:18 Quote
this is my 1997 santa cruz heckler. its practically like new condition and 90% original parts

this is my 1997 santa cruz heckler. its practically like new condition and 90 original parts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010912
Mobile Version of Website