Heckler

O+
Posted: Jul 12, 2016 at 8:14 Quote
Need to upgrade that rear shock to accompany that beauty on the front!

Posted: Jul 12, 2016 at 14:37 Quote
Yep, thinking about a monarch plus debonaire 8.375 x 2.25 lots of take offs in the classified.

If I add a 160mm airshaft to the tall tires the bottom bracket should return to about stock height. Thoughts?

O+
Posted: Jul 12, 2016 at 18:28 Quote
Geo-N wrote:
Yep, thinking about a monarch plus debonaire 8.375 x 2.25 lots of take offs in the classified.

If I add a 160mm airshaft to the tall tires the bottom bracket should return to about stock height. Thoughts?

just go DVO and never look back!

O+
Posted: Jul 12, 2016 at 18:43 Quote
Grizzlycycles661 wrote:
Need to upgrade that rear shock to accompany that beauty on the front!

Yea! A Topaz would really complete the kit. How do you like the Jade on your Bronson?

I am having some trouble dialing in the DVO diamond. With slightly stiffer settings than recommended I find the fork still tends to dive a bit when braking hard. Do you think increasing air preasure & and OTT would solve my problem while still maintaining full travel? I weigh about 200 lbs geared up. Would you mind passing along any tips you may have for tuning the DVO Diamond?

Thanks!

Posted: Jul 13, 2016 at 21:49 Quote
No more heckler in this years lineup. Is this the end?

Posted: Jul 14, 2016 at 6:46 Quote
On their Facebook page they said no single pivot bikes for 2017. Glad I got one now.

O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2016 at 13:48 Quote
Glad I got mine (literally 3 days from a month ago). I love it. Kinda sad they discontinued it, it was still the best deal on the market IMHO, especially for newer riders. However, for $500 more an Aluminum Bronson might have been cool.

My new 2016 Heckler R Build from Santa Cruz Bicycles at the Coeur d Alene waterfront. Taken moments after I picked it up at CDA Bike Co
  My new 2016 Heckler R Build from Santa Cruz Bicycles at the Coeur d'Alene waterfront. Taken moments after I picked it up at CDA Bike Co!

O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2016 at 14:11 Quote
ibishreddin wrote:
No more heckler in this years lineup. Is this the end?

Scott from Santa Cruz was kind enough to answer this question and gave me permission to post this:

Hi Sam,
No plans for a new Heckler model at this time.
A this point the Heckler in it’s current form has really run it’s course. Sales numbers were not what they once were, and I think most people are opting for it’s multi-pivot brother, the Bronson, which has pretty much taken over, which should be aided by the addition of the new Aluminum Bronson.2 models and lower price points for this intended use segment.

Yes, we will continue to stock all Heckler maintenance parts long into the future. No worries there!

Thanks for your interest in Santa Cruz and let us know if you have any other questions.

Scott Turner | Santa Cruz Bicycles
Web | www.santacruzbicycles.com
Facebook |www.facebook.com/santacruzbicycles
Twitter | @santacruzbikes
Instagram | santacruzbicycles

Posted: Aug 5, 2016 at 18:53 Quote
New bars and stem, cooling off at the river...
photo
photo

O+
Posted: Aug 8, 2016 at 12:39 Quote
SWEEEET!!! GET IT DAWG

Posted: Aug 8, 2016 at 14:24 Quote
Yeah, she loves to fetch, lol.
photo

O+
Posted: Nov 14, 2016 at 11:03 Quote
I hope this forum doesn't die too...

Posted: Nov 15, 2016 at 12:54 Quote
Its dead lol. The heckler is no more

Posted: Nov 25, 2016 at 1:47 Quote
Ro88o wrote:
Rockshox Reverb, best I've owned. If you get chance swop your forks for Pikes, they're excellent especially coupled with the Monarch RC3 + - great setup Big Grin
Heres mine, I love every minute on it
Santa Cruz Heckler 650b 2014 santacruzheckler santacruz heckler

is this the small frame???

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008913
Mobile Version of Website