Brake upgrade

PB Forum :: Downhill
Brake upgrade
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 4, 2009 at 5:11 Quote
Iam looking to upgrade my hayes 9 on my stab what brakes would you recomened? thanks rhys

Posted: May 4, 2009 at 5:21 Quote
Get Hope brakes M4 or M6

They're are awesome stopping and trouble free all year around

SLX shimano brakes are very good now Drool i have two pairs of those

O+
Posted: May 4, 2009 at 7:23 Quote
Just went for Elixir r's and couldnt be happier and they are still beding in.

O+
Posted: May 4, 2009 at 8:57 Quote
I'd recommend some avid codes. theyre supposed to be be sick, most of my riding mates have em and they seem to love them! Either codes or saints i think!

Posted: May 4, 2009 at 9:36 Quote
i got shimano brakes there ok but on my old bike i had hope m4s are they are the dogs bollox there real powerful and look good Smile Smile Smile

Posted: May 4, 2009 at 9:40 Quote
im not too chuft with my elixirs, m4's are a safe place to go, nobody ever has and trouble with them and they are a good power.

Posted: Jan 6, 2011 at 10:07 Quote
Go for the Hope Tech m4's - i upgraded from formula the one's because they were just always noisey and poor stopping to Hope Tech m4 with braided hose and floating rotor and 203mm front with 180mm rear Big Grin BEST BRAKE EVER

Posted: Feb 4, 2011 at 11:46 Quote
I have Saints right now on my dh bike but my FR has code 5s and i love the codes so much more. saints are very nice but not quite as much power as the codes. i have not riddin the elixers but have heard lots of good out of them. pretty much anything shimano will work. hope would probably be your best price to value option.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009889
Mobile Version of Website