Bottlerocket, dirt bag or demo 7?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Bottlerocket, dirt bag or demo 7?
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 4, 2009 at 15:20 Quote
so im hopefully getting a new bike a i've narrowed it down to these three. im looking for a bike i can ride on the street a bit, some trail riding and free riding. so im pretty much looking for an all around bike because i cant afford two bikes. i've heard good things about all these bike's but im not shure which is best for what i will use it for. i really like the bottle rocket but i've hear the back end handles horribly on rocks and stuff. so please give me some feedback on what u think would be best for me. thanks Smile

Posted: May 4, 2009 at 15:32 Quote
I you want more of an all round bike, for sure get the Bottlerocket. even though its pretty heavy for a 5in bike, only haveing 5in will allow it to pedal way better, since you wont be squishing like 4 inches of travel when you pedal. The demo 7 is like a dh race/Freeride bike, and the dirt bag is a freeride bike. the bottlerocket is a bike meant to take hits without slowing you down for the smaller stuff. if you really plan on doing some street on the bike, without question, get the bottlerocket.

Posted: May 4, 2009 at 15:35 Quote
ddstuntjump wrote:
I you want more of an all round bike, for sure get the Bottlerocket. even though its pretty heavy for a 5in bike, only haveing 5in will allow it to pedal way better, since you wont be squishing like 4 inches of travel when you pedal. The demo 7 is like a dh race/Freeride bike, and the dirt bag is a freeride bike. the bottlerocket is a bike meant to take hits without slowing you down for the smaller stuff. if you really plan on doing some street on the bike, without question, get the bottlerocket.

you couldnt have said it better

Posted: May 4, 2009 at 15:35 Quote
I agree go with the bottlerocket. My dads building one up so i cant wait to ride it and compare it to my dirtbag

Posted: May 4, 2009 at 15:38 Quote
ok but is it true that the bottle rocket is really bad for rough terrain and how is it for speed i like going fast lol.

Posted: May 4, 2009 at 15:49 Quote
I feel like the Transition D-bag would be the best choice. They claim it handles the rough stuff very well. I'm not sure why you'd want to do street on a fully, are you talking more about urban freeride than street?

Posted: May 4, 2009 at 15:51 Quote
scrippsranchDJ wrote:
I feel like the Transition D-bag would be the best choice. They claim it handles the rough stuff very well. I'm not sure why you'd want to do street on a fully, are you talking more about urban freeride than street?

im not gonna be taking it to like a bmx park lol butr il be using it to get around on the road cause as i said befor i dont have enough for more then one bike and im already stretched for just one

Posted: May 4, 2009 at 15:54 Quote
jvynerma wrote:
scrippsranchDJ wrote:

im not gonna be taking it to like a bmx park lol butr il be using it to get around on the road cause as i said befor i dont have enough for more then one bike and im already stretched for just one

I think the D-bag would be a better choice over the Bottlerocket. Read the reviews under each bike to find out more about them.

Posted: May 4, 2009 at 15:57 Quote
scrippsranchDJ wrote:
jvynerma wrote:
scrippsranchDJ wrote:

I think the D-bag would be a better choice over the Bottlerocket. Read the reviews under each bike to find out more about them.

ya i've heard good hing about the d-bag but i really like the look of the bottlerocket alot more but i guess performance is better then look lol

Posted: May 4, 2009 at 15:58 Quote
jvynerma wrote:

ya i've heard good hing about the d-bag but i really like the look of the bottlerocket alot more but i guess performance is better then look lol

Well it's YOUR money and it's going to be YOUR bike, you can spend it any way you want Smile

Posted: May 4, 2009 at 15:58 Quote
i have got a dirtbag and im loveing it!!! rough ground it prtty smooth but when it come to street its not quite there i have to ride mine to work and back every day and would love a hardtail to do it on. as it gose for the demo 7 same thing just better but street would be really hard the bottlerocket is a very good bike but the price tag is a little high compeared to the dirtbag not to sure about the demo though

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 12:27 Quote
scrippsranchDJ wrote:
jvynerma wrote:
scrippsranchDJ wrote:

Wow. Really? I said it before, if you are riding street on this bike, whether that is comuting, or skate park stuff, the dirt bag and demo will kill you. if you often ride street on them, you will constantly be pissed off at yourself for buying a 7in, 40+ pound bike that you have to pedal everywhere. Bottlerocket is a much more versatile bike, and it goes through whatever greatDead Horse

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 14:53 Quote
ddstuntjump wrote:
Wow. Really? I said it before, if you are riding street on this bike, whether that is comuting, or skate park stuff, the dirt bag and demo will kill you. if you often ride street on them, you will constantly be pissed off at yourself for buying a 7in, 40+ pound bike that you have to pedal everywhere. Bottlerocket is a much more versatile bike, and it goes through whatever greatDead Horse

Well he can always set up his suspension so it doesn't bob everytime he pedals and the dirtbag is better at handling offroad. Why sacrifice efficiency on the street if you are getting performance taken away on the trail where it really counts? The bikes will pedal the same on the street, it's all in the shock setup.

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 15:04 Quote
first... if you can aford a demo 7, dont even consiter the dirtbag. there is nothing the dirtbag can do that the demo 7 cant do better.

sencond, none of them are going to pedal well the bottlerocket pedals awful for a 5 inch bike, and is super heavy for what it is. to fit your description, i would go with a giant reign x or a specialized sx trail.

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 15:05 Quote
the transition double?
shorter rear susp... so better for street/urban freeride.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016078
Mobile Version of Website