Going to Colorado End of May: Where to Ride?

PB Forum :: USA - Rockies & Midwest
Going to Colorado End of May: Where to Ride?
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 4, 2009 at 20:10 Quote
Road trip from Michigan to Colorado, leaving May 20th. Dates cannot change. All of the bike parks I have looked at so far are closed at that time. Does anyone know of a place we can ride FR/DH?

Thanks

Posted: May 4, 2009 at 20:22 Quote
Jones, and Captain Jacks, for some DH, and off of Uintah, there are some big ass hucks 30+ feet. BTW all of this is in Colorado Springs.

Posted: May 4, 2009 at 20:29 Quote
WHERE in colorado? Its a huge state.

O+
Posted: May 4, 2009 at 20:34 Quote
green mtn. in Lakewood is AS EXTREME AS IT GETS! Razz alright i'm kidding. Hummeroid knows where all the good stuffs at. I'm still new to the state.

Posted: May 4, 2009 at 20:34 Quote
near denver but willing to drive a few hours.

Posted: May 4, 2009 at 20:36 Quote
Ok, what do you ride, and HONEST skill level.

Posted: May 4, 2009 at 20:40 Quote
we were doing pretty much every run at whistler downhill wise. and we are pretty big into freeride which is primarily what we are looking for. lift access would be awesome but we can shuttle too.

Posted: May 4, 2009 at 20:43 Quote
No lift access that time, but there are a few shuttles... not posting them on the forums. Theres a reason people dont know of them. Ill tell you via pm, but I hope you respect us builders enough not to post them.

Posted: May 4, 2009 at 20:48 Quote
for sure man i build myself and understand the privacy issue

Posted: May 6, 2009 at 20:51 Quote
anybody have and suggestions to where we should ride in Colorado? Thanks

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 19:36 Quote
Go up Chimney Gulch and down Apex in Golden. Chimmney Gulch is smoother to ride up and Apex is rocky and techy. Park by Apex and ride the paved bike path to Chimmney Gulch. I like that combo and its 20-30 minutes out of Denver. There will probably by alot of traffic on both trails.

Anyone agree or disagree?

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 14:11 Quote
pavementEATER wrote:
Go up Chimney Gulch and down Apex in Golden. Chimmney Gulch is smoother to ride up and Apex is rocky and techy. Park by Apex and ride the paved bike path to Chimmney Gulch. I like that combo and its 20-30 minutes out of Denver. There will probably by alot of traffic on both trails.

Anyone agree or disagree?

Too packed with people, and not very tech. All you do is pedal then stop for uphillers, pedal, stop, pedal stop.... its really annoying. And if for some amazing reason you carry any speed, you get chased down by xcers in the parking lot as they scare easily

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 14:23 Quote
apex is redculously crowded. just as hummeroid said you pedal and stop. its not even fun when its as bad as apex. and yes they do scare easily!!!

Posted: May 20, 2009 at 8:54 Quote
Bump up. We are in the car now on our way west!

Posted: May 20, 2009 at 10:58 Quote
Sick. hit me up when youre here!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011186
Mobile Version of Website