Totems on my stp

PB Forum :: Giant
Totems on my stp
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 5, 2009 at 4:21 Quote
hay guys what do you think ,advice ,tips ,on totems on my stp ,can totems be lowered

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 4:55 Quote
murraymint wrote:
hay guys what do you think ,advice ,tips ,on totems on my stp ,can totems be lowered

You'll need them lowered to about 120mm at least, why do you want a totem on an STP anyway?

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 4:57 Quote
Sounds like a retarded idea.

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 5:06 Quote
Deffinately sounds like a bad idea. Even if you could lower them it would probably still ride horribly.

What would be the inteded use for such a bike anywayssss? Book

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 5:09 Quote
it just an idea wanted to see the pros,cons i got offered a set to swap for mt fox 40s off my dh bike an going to build my stp in to 4x spec what do you think of them society 4x forks

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 5:23 Quote
murraymint wrote:
what do you think of them society 4x forks

They're just rebranded RST Space forks.

Being such, I have ridden RST Spaces and they're a great fork for the price.

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 5:31 Quote
murraymint wrote:
it just an idea wanted to see the pros,cons i got offered a set to swap for mt fox 40s off my dh bike an going to build my stp in to 4x spec what do you think of them society 4x forks

Iv had two friends have them, and I suppose they can be okay, but they are pretty unreliable, which I guess is why theyre so cheap. One of my friends described my Argyles as bouncy castles (Nice) My mate ethans Dirt jams as Trampolines (Top-out and bottom-out) And his Society forks as foam pits (Soft with crappy rebound)

They really did make his bike ride shit. I would advise spending a bit extra on some second hand Marzocchi 4X forks or something of that nature Wink

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 5:31 Quote
pikes and stp's go well and theyre good for 4x Smile

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 5:37 Quote
Get rock shox recons or fox 32 vans if you want a decent 4cross fork, look on ebay for pike forks with recon internals aswell thats a common tune up for 4cross

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 5:57 Quote
Nzide wrote:

+1 A Pike is a perfect match for an STP.

FL
Posted: May 5, 2009 at 6:06 Quote
pikes are very nice and seem to be the perfect match for the stp.

But just so you know it has been done.
photo

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 6:17 Quote
dude totems would be a bad idea on your stp even if they are mine for sale , but reliability probs aren't an issue on coils just speak to tim flook as he will tell you that solo air or 2step have probs and again you will get probs with any fork over time and even fox have bushing probs well earlier ones. you would really need a 100-130 max for 4x regardless of make and dont get sucked into want the pro's run as their forks are stripped after ever race.

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 6:35 Quote
cowieuk wrote:
Nzide wrote:

+1 A Pike is a perfect match for an STP.
+1
i agree. pikes with stp is a perfect match. my bro had a stp with pikes but his bike got stolen. f*cking thief!!

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 6:38 Quote
treetrees wrote:
dude totems would be a bad idea on your stp even if they are mine for sale , but reliability probs aren't an issue on coils just speak to tim flook as he will tell you that solo air or 2step have probs and again you will get probs with any fork over time and even fox have bushing probs well earlier ones. you would really need a 100-130 max for 4x regardless of make and dont get sucked into want the pro's run as their forks are stripped after ever race.

and also if they f*ck up theyre forks they can easily get new ones as theyre spnosered (which is why dan atherton uses XC fox forks on his 4X bike)

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012791
Mobile Version of Website