Rock Shox Argyle 302/318's 20mm axle - Can they only take 20mm axle hubs?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Rock Shox Argyle 302/318's 20mm axle - Can they only take 20mm axle hubs?
Posted: May 10, 2009 at 6:29 Quote
ashp wrote:
It's cool man, I think I'm going to hold out on the forks for now. I'll get the new wheels straight away though. NS Bikes MKII Roller Pro rear and Hope Pro 2 front, both in red and laced to black Halo Combats. Then when I save up some more money and the DJ3's die or something I'll get the Argyles and just get a converter for the Hope hub to go from 10mm to 20mm.

But thanks for all the tips guys, helped a lot in choosing the right path to take Smile

Are you getting your wheels from CRC?

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 6:59 Quote
gary1 wrote:
Mtb4life, you are just confusing him.
that is true so i'll be quite now.

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 7:04 Quote
gary1 wrote:
ashp wrote:
It's cool man, I think I'm going to hold out on the forks for now. I'll get the new wheels straight away though. NS Bikes MKII Roller Pro rear and Hope Pro 2 front, both in red and laced to black Halo Combats. Then when I save up some more money and the DJ3's die or something I'll get the Argyles and just get a converter for the Hope hub to go from 10mm to 20mm.

But thanks for all the tips guys, helped a lot in choosing the right path to take Smile

Are you getting your wheels from CRC?
if you are getting them from CRC please do not get halo rims, they are made of terrible quality and the only reason they are ever considered strong is because they are so heavy and are usually built with silly amounts of spokes. i recommend mavic ex721s £12 more per wheel but they are strong enough for dh and pretty damn light. my set (laced to hope bulb+xc) are under 2kg for both and have been going strong for about 7 years.

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 10:04 Quote
Nope, getting them through my lbs. £12 is a lot of money just to save weight! And I'm not really a weight saving kiddy so doesn't really matter that much to me Smile

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 10:08 Quote
ashp wrote:
Nope, getting them through my lbs. £12 is a lot of money just to save weight! And I'm not really a weight saving kiddy so doesn't really matter that much to me Smile
im not saying just to save weight but they will probably be just as strong and will definitely last alot longer.

and who you calling kiddy?

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 10:09 Quote
mtb4life666 wrote:
ashp wrote:
im not saying just to save weight but they will probably be just as strong and will definitely last alot longer.

Himself, retard.

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 10:10 Quote
gary1 wrote:
mtb4life666 wrote:
ashp wrote:

Himself, retard.
aha wow now i really am the kiddy.

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 10:12 Quote
I meant the people who drill holes in their frames, etc. to save weight Wink

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 10:18 Quote
ashp wrote:
I meant the people who drill holes in their frames, etc. to save weight Wink
oh yeh that kind of weight weenying is silly, but saving something around a kg of rotating mass is worth it.

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 10:21 Quote
I will look into it... but £24 altogether is a bit steep.. I'd probably use that money to buy some lockon grips or something. Or a new pivotal seat setup.

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 10:22 Quote
EX721's are much better than Combats. Worth £24 for sure.

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 10:26 Quote
I'll have a think. Come July when I buy the bike and parts I may just have more money left over than I've budgeted for so far, so if I do then I may as well go that bit further with things like rims, etc.

FL
Posted: May 10, 2009 at 11:41 Quote
make sure you buy the 20mm pro 2 hub then get the converters for it

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 11:49 Quote
Yep, already thought of that but thanks!

FL
Posted: May 10, 2009 at 11:58 Quote
phew i almost made that mistake but i have found something so you can use a 20mm hub with quick release forks without an adapter! but i just cant find it anymore

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014914
Mobile Version of Website