DH training program??

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
DH training program??
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 10:25 Quote
hi, i race downhill and i have put together a training schedule for myself over the winter and was wondering what you thought i should do to improve it. it will be 5 days a week work out one hour in the morning then mon,wed,fri ride stationary bike for an hour at night. and tue,thur ride the stationary bike for 45 minuts.? what are your thoughts on it?

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 10:29 Quote
i am also doing a training program. what is ur workout gunna be? are u ever gunna get on ur dh bike? get some slicks and ride it around with some weight in a bag. we should be doing cardio keep that in mind

Mod
Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 10:31 Quote
your from Calgary - Calgary has an actual Dh racing program, eh? They meet something like 3 or 4 times a wekk, work out, work on skills.. ask the user BigHeadDoug about it. It is at the Olympic Oval. Last years raceers turned out fast.

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 11:39 Quote
terriflow3-0 wrote:
your from Calgary - Calgary has an actual Dh racing program, eh? They meet something like 3 or 4 times a wekk, work out, work on skills.. ask the user BigHeadDoug about it. It is at the Olympic Oval. Last years raceers turned out fast.

Quinnmeister is heading it up

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 12:03 Quote
terriflow3-0 wrote:

ye i already loked into that and the days do not work for me. so im doing my own. but just need some advice on what other people do when there training

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 22:24 Quote
g10ry wrote:
terriflow3-0 wrote:

ye i already loked into that and the days do not work for me. so im doing my own. but just need some advice on what other people do when there training

Just try to find a couple times to go to the organized workouts and then just rip them off and do them on your own. I've always been a fan of that.

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 13:27 Quote
Try to figure out a program that is helpful and fun. Especially fun.

I have never been able to make it past 5 minutes on a stationary bike. Way too boring. I think you will burn out with this regime.

Make a list of physical attributes you want to develop and try to match then with fun activities.

Example:

Leg strength - go skiing.
Coordination - skiing.
Ability to ride chair lifts - skiing again.

Seriously though...try to do different stuff that is fun. Running, racquet sports, circuit training, weights, indoor climbing, skating/hockey.

Also try to line up buddies for stuff so you don't take too many nights off.

Mod
Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 13:40 Quote
^^ I think exercise bikes are great- just get your laptop and a video rolling (especially something like Drop IN) and your set.

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 13:55 Quote
terriflow3-0 wrote:
^^ I think exercise bikes are great- just get your laptop and a video rolling (especially something like Drop IN) and your set.

I have a row machine/recumbent cycle sitting in front of a tv/xbox 360 in the basement.
2 hours of pedaling goes by in a flash!

O+
Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 13:57 Quote
I love that idea, even better if u had to pedal to power the tv or 360

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 14:11 Quote
Pitcrew wrote:
I love that idea, even better if u had to pedal to power the tv or 360

Now your talkin!! My current work out favs are Earthed 4 (luv it) and BIOSHOCK.
Next up... a little NWD Smackdown and COD 4....it's a little hard to play
Guitar Heros 3 and pin it at the same time.

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 15:12 Quote
although doing things like playing games makes the time go by faster and makes it seem easier. it is not actually helping you. when your playing you are not concentrated on your training. which then you will tend to not get as much out of the training because you are not able to push hard when you are playing games.

Mod
Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 15:14 Quote
but I train longer when I am distracted... Instead of half an hour I might go for an hour or 2 instead. I think that it equals out pretty well (at least if you are endurance oriented)

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 15:17 Quote
I disagree g10ry... My cycle has program selections and when the pedaling gets tough,
I pause, pedal, then back at the 360. It's the same thing when you throw on
some Skull candies and pump your tunes and hit the trails. Your tricking your mind,
not the muscles that are getting the workout. They aren't THAT smart.tup

Posted: Nov 23, 2007 at 4:26 Quote
I want to get some training programme going too. Is it good to use weights? what specific weights should i do and at what intensity (reps, sets) ??

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011348
Mobile Version of Website