MARZOCCHI 66 SL ATA Problem- lack of travel.

PB Forum :: Downhill
MARZOCCHI 66 SL ATA Problem- lack of travel.
Previous Page |
Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 11:48 Quote
Had my forks for 5 months now. basically im not gettin the full 180mm travel. Ive bottomed out a 9 inch dh frame (500lb spring) and at the same time these forks only used 2/3 of its travel, on a stupidly low psi in each chamber. the ata knob was taped down so it wasnt turning by itself (which is another fault).

Basically these forks are a load of shit. never will i by marzocchi again, let me down. Awful - but as i cant afford any new ones after gettin a new frame, any ideas how to fix the lack of travel? any one else had this problem?

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 11:51 Quote
send them to marzocchi they will sort them out
it will be free if you have a warrenty

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 11:51 Quote
get a looser spring put in or tighten your back shock

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 12:16 Quote
oops sorry my bad

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 12:19 Quote
i dont have the same problem you do but when ever my fork takes a hit from a drop or jump the travel decreases. how do i fix that problem?

Mod
Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 12:20 Quote
fox forx have the same problem - I know with foxes it's due to the cartridge blowing - and half the time fox doesn't seem to care/doesn't fix it from what I have heard. Hopefully Marzocchi treats you better. (My fox only gets 138 out of 150 Frown )

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 12:20 Quote
ata cartridges have a known problem, send it in, its very common

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 12:38 Quote
will i still be able to get it fixed if i am not the original owner - at a low cost

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 12:40 Quote
everythings fix-able, im not sure about the cost tho, since this happened to almost every ata 66, i would think marzocchi would stand by it, if you dont want to try it, you can sell it to me though!

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 16:50 Quote
I believe most of Marzocchi's cartridges go for about £80. Add a bit of work, and you'll have it up to about £100 maybe. These are no exact figures, by any mean.

I believe you're making a fairly unfair decision against Marzocchi. As you haven't talked to them, and you bought it second-hand. Besides, it's a first generation air-sprung freeride fork, I'd say it's fairly obvious it has to have some flaws.

You could try and get in touch with the old owner, maybe he'll say that he owns it, and help you with warranty.

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 16:55 Quote
The 66 ata is known to have some air leaking problem. Send it back. Marzocchi has a gret custumer service and ist a well known problem ont the Ata.

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 16:56 Quote
You must have gotten a bad one because mine works perfect and I hit some big stuff but I work at a shop and if you have friends at a shop even if you are the second owner they will contact them and you should have no problem.

Posted: Nov 10, 2007 at 6:42 Quote
mikeyboy wrote:
I believe most of Marzocchi's cartridges go for about £80. Add a bit of work, and you'll have it up to about £100 maybe. These are no exact figures, by any mean.

I believe you're making a fairly unfair decision against Marzocchi. As you haven't talked to them, and you bought it second-hand. Besides, it's a first generation air-sprung freeride fork, I'd say it's fairly obvious it has to have some flaws.

You could try and get in touch with the old owner, maybe he'll say that he owns it, and help you with warranty.

i did buy it seccond hand but off of a friend, i have no other problems with the fork, its an amazing fork just becase of its adjustability

Posted: Nov 10, 2007 at 16:30 Quote
pinscher15 wrote:
mikeyboy wrote:

i did buy it seccond hand but off of a friend, i have no other problems with the fork, its an amazing fork just becase of its adjustability

I was, on the other hand, referring to the guy who actually asked the original question. You know, his thread?

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011147
Mobile Version of Website