Official Williams Lake, B.C. General Discussion Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Williams Lake, B.C. General Discussion Thread
  • Next Page
Posted: May 11, 2009 at 8:55 Quote
caribooyj wrote:
board2bike wrote:
Hey Tom, glad to see you doing lots of riding already. Things are really going full force in the Okanagan Valley as well. Looking forward to comming up and riding your trails and some of the Williams Lake stuff as well. Doug bought himself a new bike and is stoked to ride there as well. I'll give you hint what he bought, begins with S.....
sounds good... what did he buy?
Brand new Big Hit, and got an awesome deal.

O+
Posted: May 12, 2009 at 19:12 Quote
Thinking of heading out to Dessous Mnt. on Thursday or Friday.... anyone been riding there yet? Are the trails ride-able? Lot's of windfall?

Posted: May 12, 2009 at 19:39 Quote
caribooyj wrote:
Thinking of heading out to Dessous Mnt. on Thursday or Friday.... anyone been riding there yet? Are the trails ride-able? Lot's of windfall?

im not to sure i really wanna go out there sometime this year i bet there is still snow though Im not to sure though and yes i bet there is alot of windfall

If someone goes or has gone i would like to know the condition to haha

Farewell is supposta be really good now just after this rain ki went quading acouple days ago out the the sheepcreak bridge and it was really dry im not to sure how close that is to dessous though that may help....

O+
Posted: May 12, 2009 at 20:24 Quote
Toopie wrote:
caribooyj wrote:

im not to sure i really wanna go out there sometime this year i bet there is still snow though Im not to sure though and yes i bet there is alot of windfall

If someone goes or has gone i would like to know the condition to haha

Farewell is supposta be really good now just after this rain ki went quading acouple days ago out the the sheepcreak bridge and it was really dry im not to sure how close that is to dessous though that may help....

Hey Toopie, Sheep Creek Bridge is really close to where the trails end. The trails coming down the west side of Dessous. I'm sure that side is good to go. But getting up on the East side, coming from Dog Creek Rd. might be the problem. It's all in the shade and higher elevation. There might be still snow. Haven't talked to anyone who's been out there this year. Hopefully someone will post a reply!

O+
Posted: May 17, 2009 at 18:25 Quote
Box Trail needs work, a lot of work... windfall from the start of the trail. If anyone is interested in heading out there with a saw on the weekend, let me know.

Posted: May 31, 2009 at 19:30 Quote
Hi,
I am DH rider from the North Shore living in PG, looking for some good trails in Williams Lake, I ride don't slide, and totaly respect the work that goes into good trails, anyone willing to help?
Thanks,

O+
Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 7:14 Quote
she-goes-downhill wrote:
Hi,
I am DH rider from the North Shore living in PG, looking for some good trails in Williams Lake, I ride don't slide, and totaly respect the work that goes into good trails, anyone willing to help?
Thanks,

Hey.... Williams Lake has incredible trails. I suggest you check out Fox Mountain first. My fav. is Aflo and Mitche's Brew. You can pick up a map and directions at Red Shred's. Ask for Mark or Toni and they'll point you in the right direction...
I'm currently building trails in the Wells/Barkerville area, so I'm only in W.L. from time to time.
Check out my pics for some of the W.L. trails. Have fun, it's certainly worth the drive from P.G.

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 21:26 Quote
Hey.... Williams Lake has incredible trails. I suggest you check out Fox Mountain first. My fav. is Aflo and Mitche's Brew. You can pick up a map and directions at Red Shred's. Ask for Mark or Toni and they'll point you in the right direction...
I'm currently building trails in the Wells/Barkerville area, so I'm only in W.L. from time to time.
Check out my pics for some of the W.L. trails. Have fun, it's certainly worth the drive from P.G.[/Quote]

Thanks, I am stoked...

Posted: Jun 9, 2009 at 17:51 Quote
Does anyone know what kind of bike park there trying to get some money for? like a dj park or a bmx skatepark

Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 12:24 Quote
Is anyone from here goin to the super d in kelowna on the 28th

Posted: Mar 26, 2010 at 15:31 Quote
Woo Hoo.. ! Riding Season has started in WL.
Check out Barking Spider on Facebook for trail info and events !

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Williams-Lake-BC/Barking-Spider-Mountain-Bike/370702924406?ref=nf

Stop by the shop, hook up with locals to go riding with !

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2010 at 16:27 Quote
Attn: Aflo Daddy riders
The road gap was rebuilt by the Bike Club 2 weeks ago. This was done to complete a trail agreement with the government. Some riders cut down the roll-down. We need to find out who did this ASAP! We have to take down the whole jump now and the government might close the trail. The club wants to work with riders and not have trails closed and cut up stunts!
contact mark@redshreds.com or 250-398-7873 reward offered for Info!

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2010 at 7:46 Quote
On Tuesday 13/2010 the new Trails Partnership Agreement for Fox Mountain with the MInistry of Tourism, Arts and Culture has been signed.... watch out for the press release posting on P.B. later this week.
The same day the Williams Lake bike park was approved by City Council.
photo
photo

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2010 at 7:48 Quote
PRESS RELEASE

WILLIAMS LAKE CYCLING CLUB SIGNS TRAIL
AGREEMENT ON FOX MOUNTAIN
Williams Lake – Known to Bike Magazine as the ‘Shangri-la of Mountain Biking,’ Williams
Lake has advanced its reputable trail network into a legal agreement in partnership with the
Ministry of Tourism, Culture and the Arts (MTCA).
The new Trails Partnership Agreement will manage the legally established network of
mountain bike specific trails on Fox Mountain, a premier riding area in the city. This agreement
will support ongoing efforts to increase the tourism opportunities in the Cariboo.
“The Williams Lake Cycling Club has spent considerable time with the ministry in
developing this agreement, which will protect our riding areas and ensure they can be safely
enjoyed by all,” says Mark Savard, club director.
Williams Lake is one of eight pilot areas in the Province with this type of Agreement,
which is designed to support local efforts to increase the availability of mountain bike
opportunities in regions and increase tourism spending, according to the MTCA policy.
The agreement requires the Williams Lake Cycling Club to manage the trail network
according to specific standards. Trails will be non-motorized and managed to accommodate a
safe mountain bike experience.
“The Williams Lake Cycling Club is pursuing similar agreements for the other riding
areas in the city, and hopes to have one of the largest, legally established trail networks in the
province,” says Justin Calof, who works with the club.
More information will be available at the Club’s annual fundraiser. Come to the Gibraltar Room
at 7:00 p.m. on May 8th for a viewing of two bike films and an opportunity to join/support the
Club. For more information on the Trails Agreement please contact the Williams Lake Cycling
Club at wlcc@puddlebike.com
or visit Red Shreds Bike and Board Shed.
-30-
Media contacts:
Mark Savard
Williams Lake Cycling Club
250-398-7873

Justin Calof
Williams Lake Cycling Club
250-302-1925

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022322
Mobile Version of Website