If you ski/board in Canada read this. you'll want to

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
If you ski/board in Canada read this. you'll want to
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 13:32 Quote
http://www.skircr.com/mediaCentre/pr_detail.asp?id=479

well its their choice, but it just sounds stupid.
sure insurance is high, Canadian dollar is high (less American visitors), snow costs a lot to make, so you'll save money.
but really, tons of the attendees of RCR (at least Louise) live for the park

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 13:40 Quote
that sucks, not the smartest thing to do if they want more people to come skiing

Mod
Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 13:43 Quote
I personally am not too sure what insurance the mountains have to pay as liability insurance is not needed on a ski hill as if you look on the back of your lift ticket/seasons pass, by purchasing the lift ticket or pass you waive the right to sue and assume all the risks associated with using their facility. Therefore, this is a very technical legal document that you can't get around. The only liability insurance a mountain would have to have would be very minimal to protect their property. Thank God I am not that fond of most of the RCR resorts! The only one I will miss is Fernie but I don't get out there a whole lot so it isn't a big deal. I will take Sunshine Village, Kicking Horse, Panorama, Golden and the backcountry of Revelstoke or Jackson Hole any day over Kimberley or Lake Lousy!

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 13:46 Quote
yeaah wow.

well, Everyone is going to be better rail jibbers!

Good thing i bought my seasons pass for Sunshine! heh heh.

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 15:55 Quote
if my local hill did this we'd probilfy eather
A) start a roit
B)build bigg jump going staright twords high traffic area
c)ride out back
d)cry

Mod
Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 16:08 Quote
Can you see them trying to take this to mountain bike parks next?

I'll miss the snow jumps- they are the best part of skiing.

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 16:23 Quote
Protect the safety of skiers and boarders by eliminating fenced-off, clearly-marked obstacles that can not be ridden by mistake? Sure.

Guess I'm going to Norquay a lot more this year!

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 16:27 Quote
LAME!!!

Louise always had the sickest parks ever. "The biggest investment in new rail technologies ever" hahaha what a joke. Its a rail, a piece of pipe, what more could you do to it.

this is a terrible idea, its worse than Fernie charging $81 a day for an Adult to go skiing.

Fernie never really had a good park anyway, and you don't go to fernie to ski park in the first place, so no loss there, but Nakiska?!?!?!?!! wtf are you supposed to do there now? The only thing that kept that place open was park rats and racers, they just cut that fan base in half!

I think i will ski a ton in the states this year. My manager skied at baker last year from Monday to Friday for $33 a day. On the Friday they gave him a half price lift ticket because the lifts didn't open until 1:30 because they lifts were submerged in snow and had to be dug out.

I was debating getting a RCR pass but now its just too expensive and they are involved i backwards thinking.

The remark about you have a lift ticket waives the right to sue. Well technically if you are under the age of 18 you cannot be held to a legally binding agreement there for if i crash and die my parents could in theory sue until the cows came home. And just saying that you can't sue doesn't mean I won't sue.

O+
Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 16:38 Quote
Ya, its stupid, but, we can do something about it. being a freestyle skier, and a louise regular, this news is worse than my dog dying. this is absolutely heart breaking. They should be implementing a park pass program like COP.

Here is the explanation
http://www.newschoolers.com/web/forums/readthread/thread_id/330037/

Here is a petition to sign.
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/SnowparkRCR

and this is the email to Matt Mosteller, Senior Director of Business Development for Resorts of the Canadian Rockies
mmosteller@skircr.com
phone 403-256-8473 ext 3323

Please, send his an email, or better, drop a call. Please, be professional, and mature, show this guy we really want the parks back.

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 16:43 Quote
Being a big mountain rider I don't mind at all...

But I feel for you - hope your petition works.

/Just not graceful in the air

O+
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 at 17:40 Quote
BUMP to keep the jumps at RCRs resorts.

this would be taking all the jumps and features out of whistlers bike park. C'mon you guys, support the cause!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011629
Mobile Version of Website