2010 Marzocchi 888 A real threat to the lighter forks!

PB Forum :: Downhill
2010 Marzocchi 888 A real threat to the lighter forks!
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 9, 2009 at 11:33 Quote
http://www.singletrackworld.com/2009/04/marzocchi-2010/

bigquotesThe 888 World Cup is now finally similar to the forks actually used on the World Cup circuit.

As it seems, guys on Marzocchi haven't been idle. A new and improved 888, along with other models will face a revamp and will be out for sale during septemeber 09.
Apparently the 888 will weigh under 3kg, which is pretty awesome considering how abuse-friendly they are.

What do you guys think?

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 11:35 Quote
well its a scary thing because light things made in china arent always good things but it just might work out so you never know

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 11:42 Quote
ouch u just wanted opinions and i gave u one.....

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 11:43 Quote
look forward to see how they ride tup

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 11:46 Quote
towers08 wrote:
look forward to see how they ride tup

thats more like it! we dont need stupid answers clogging up the thread. and anyway, wasnt production moved to Taiwan not China? either way, it doesnt matter, im sure that production is closely watched over wherever it is done.
personally i cant wait to see how they turn out, the forks may be something that i would consider replacing my trusty '06 66 with.

O+
Posted: May 9, 2009 at 12:01 Quote
i also look forwad to seeing this.. however i rate they are going to make them less 'abuse friendly' when they lighten them up.. which i kinda sucks

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 12:13 Quote
norcorider121 wrote:
i also look forwad to seeing this.. however i rate they are going to make them less 'abuse friendly' when they lighten them up.. which i kinda sucks

Aye, true. The 888r will maybe loose it's "bombprofeness" but will on the other hand be more race friendly.

Im afraid this will spell the end for dual crowned freeride forks. Frown

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 12:16 Quote
MountainFreedom wrote:
well its a scary thing because light things made in china arent always good things but it just might work out so you never know

haha what the hell? where they are made makes no difference

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 12:18 Quote
ur right anything is possible

O+
Posted: May 9, 2009 at 12:18 Quote
jinx wrote:
norcorider121 wrote:

Aye, true. The 888r will maybe loose it's "bombprofeness" but will on the other hand be more race friendly.

Im afraid this will spell the end for dual crowned freeride forks. Frown
still the fox 40 hey (: but they flippen expensive... im gona miss having a fork tht you can put on and leave, not having to change oils or worry about tht stuff

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 12:22 Quote
Sick! At least they look good now! I guess we will see how they hold up.

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 12:24 Quote
I wish marzhocchi would move bike suspension production back to italy Cry

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 12:25 Quote
DarkElement101 wrote:
I wish marzhocchi would move bike suspension production back to italy Cry

why?

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 12:25 Quote
thank you for saying that! i agree

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 12:27 Quote
we all know italy makes good quality things...like lamborghini and ferarri and other things i hav the last 888 rc2x fork made in italy and i love it so much

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011241
Mobile Version of Website