2010 Marzocchi 888 A real threat to the lighter forks!

PB Forum :: Downhill
2010 Marzocchi 888 A real threat to the lighter forks!
Posted: Jun 21, 2010 at 11:12 Quote
stryke wrote:
deadatbirth wrote:
stryke wrote:
you can notice a difference between a fork made in taiwan and a fork made in italy? are you serious?
you absolutely can.

dont make dumb comments on topics you obviously have no idea about

obviously you havent felt the 2010 marzocchi's!
Are they amazing?

Posted: Jun 21, 2010 at 12:09 Quote
From what I can tell, the biggest difference really doesn't have much to do with where production takes place but the fact that the production location has been changed. When manufacturing begins in a new location, there's sure to be some production hiccups as workers learn what to do and the manufacturing process is perfected (e.g. forks in 2008.) Just my 2 cents .

Posted: Jun 21, 2010 at 12:50 Quote
plutonium10 wrote:
From what I can tell, the biggest difference really doesn't have much to do with where production takes place but the fact that the production location has been changed. When manufacturing begins in a new location, there's sure to be some production hiccups as workers learn what to do and the manufacturing process is perfected (e.g. forks in 2008.) Just my 2 cents .

lol

this wasnt the issue at all, the issue was the rc3 damper (which was new for the year)

Posted: Jun 21, 2010 at 12:53 Quote
stryke wrote:
plutonium10 wrote:

lol

this wasnt the issue at all, the issue was the rc3 damper (which was new for the year)

Is there a huge difference between rc2x and the rc3.?

Posted: Jun 21, 2010 at 14:16 Quote
stryke wrote:
yes

My apologies i should have been more specific,is the damping easy to set up and get right so to speak,could never tell if my rc2x was set up good or not.

Posted: Jun 21, 2010 at 14:45 Quote
stryke wrote:
deadatbirth wrote:
stryke wrote:
you can notice a difference between a fork made in taiwan and a fork made in italy? are you serious?
you absolutely can.

youre right. ive only been riding one for 4 months..

Posted: Jun 21, 2010 at 16:27 Quote
deadatbirth wrote:
stryke wrote:
deadatbirth wrote:

you absolutely can.

Ah quit your hating man,there is enough marzocchi haters as is.

Posted: Jun 21, 2010 at 16:44 Quote
stryke wrote:
plutonium10 wrote:

lol

Yeah, that's true... but I was just adding my opinion on the topic of quality from Italy vs. quality from Taiwan. A lot of the issues I heard about were in relation with incorrectly sized bushings and other problems with quality control.

Posted: Jun 21, 2010 at 16:45 Quote
plutonium10 wrote:
stryke wrote:
plutonium10 wrote:

lol

Yeah, that's true... but I was just adding my opinion on the topic of quality from Italy vs. quality from Taiwan. A lot of the issues I heard about were in relation with incorrectly sized bushings and other problems with quality control.

Most if not all forks come with mismatched bushings.

Posted: Jun 21, 2010 at 16:54 Quote
Really? My understanding was that the problem was especially bad after the move to Taiwan, and the badly sized bushings resulted in a lot of play between the lowers and stanchions. Was this not the case?

Posted: Jun 21, 2010 at 17:04 Quote
plutonium10 wrote:
Really? My understanding was that the problem was especially bad after the move to Taiwan, and the badly sized bushings resulted in a lot of play between the lowers and stanchions. Was this not the case?

It might have been but boxxer fox all have mismatched bushings,the bushing fits the stanchion perfectly,it's the lowers they don't fit all to well.

Marzocchi just have open bath damping so you don't feel it as much as you would with say a boxxer or 40.

Posted: Jun 21, 2010 at 17:10 Quote
Ok, my bad. I guess I misinterpreted all the complaints I heard about the bushings in the 888s.

Posted: Jun 21, 2010 at 17:19 Quote
plutonium10 wrote:
Ok, my bad. I guess I misinterpreted all the complaints I heard about the bushings in the 888s.

No i'm not saying your info was incorrect,i'm just saying people picked up on certain things and naturally assumed that it was just a problem with marzocchi.

Ok marzocchi fluffed it in 2008 but it was a whole new fork and whole new mfr,when the totem fluffed up in it's first year it was brushed under the carpet so to speak.

Posted: Jun 21, 2010 at 18:33 Quote
marquis wrote:
deadatbirth wrote:
stryke wrote:

Ah quit your hating man,there is enough marzocchi haters as is.

im not hating on their 2010 products yet, but the two product years before that were utter crap. theres a reason why there isnt a fork in their lineup this year with the PAR.
the new matched set of lowers/bushings made a huge difference in the amount of slop the previous two years had too.
stock valving on the RC3 is a good starting point, but needs to be revalved to get its full potential

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.047568
Mobile Version of Website