2010 boxxer issues

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
2010 boxxer issues
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 11, 2009 at 23:12 Quote
i have a 2010 boxxer race and it makes a knocking noise during compression right before it rebounds back up.. i was told it was just the spring moving inside the fork and hitting the sides, but when i cover the compression dial with the palm of my hand and then compress the fork the noise doesnt happen.. is anyone else having this problem with the 2010 race or team?

Posted: May 12, 2009 at 12:49 Quote
Its still the spring, youre just effectively compressing it slower with the compression up so you dont hear it.

Do this to the coil and youll be good. Shink tubing = your friend.
photo

Posted: May 12, 2009 at 15:14 Quote
the spring already has 3 spots with shrink wrap on it.. we also tried moving them around in different positions and putting different grease in and tried one of the different springs and it still makes the noise..

Posted: May 27, 2009 at 5:54 Quote
derekrpoulin wrote:
the spring already has 3 spots with shrink wrap on it.. we also tried moving them around in different positions and putting different grease in and tried one of the different springs and it still makes the noise..

my 2010 team knocks on initial compression. The sound/movement is coming from the damping side, not the spring side however. I'm not sure what it is and will be sending it in for service. Are you sure your noise is coming from the spring side?

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 23:44 Quote
hey-hey-hey!!! so i'm not alone with my problem! 2010 race... knocking... right side... i took the spring out and it was still knocking... if you flip the fork upside down and compress it a couple times the knocking goes away but starts again when you adjust compression... and seems like sometimes the compression knob doesn't work or rebound...

WTF!

CALLING SRAM TOMORROW!

O+
Posted: May 29, 2009 at 0:41 Quote
Maybe its the bushings.

Posted: May 29, 2009 at 1:20 Quote
gdawg wrote:
Maybe its the bushings.

how would the bushings knock? and what would it have to do with adjustments?

O+
Posted: May 29, 2009 at 9:10 Quote
selebrin wrote:
gdawg wrote:
Maybe its the bushings.

how would the bushings knock? and what would it have to do with adjustments?

Bushings come loose, and if they are not seated properly in the legs then they will knock. Probably has sweet f*ck all to do with adjustments. Just throwing it out there thoughtup .

Posted: May 29, 2009 at 15:04 Quote
so i sent the 2010 race away for service and am still waiting for it to get back.. i bought a 2010 team instead and there is still a knock/movement in the initial compression on the damp side also the one rebound adjustment doesnt click when it turns and it is supposed too..

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 0:17 Quote
im getting the same problem and its getting worse ( louder )
i was told that if you send them back to sram they send u boxxers but i m not to sure that was a mate that told me that

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 0:36 Quote
sram is sending me a Team to replace my Race... sweet deal! call them!

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 2:05 Quote
i've got the world cups and havn't had any issues yet, prob cuz theres no spring

FL
Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 3:27 Quote
hope my race's do not do thatEek

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 8:43 Quote
can u give me the number to phone plz

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014071
Mobile Version of Website