Is a wolverine a good stater dj bike?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Is a wolverine a good stater dj bike?
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 12, 2009 at 17:00 Quote
just wondering what people think

Posted: May 12, 2009 at 17:12 Quote
Yes its a really good starter dj bike. i was almost going to get it when i first started doing dirtjumps

Posted: May 12, 2009 at 19:43 Quote
no, i started on one and it sucked the big one. may i suggest a p1 or something of the sort

Posted: May 12, 2009 at 19:47 Quote
No! I have had one for years. You can jump anything that has wheels, but if your looking to specificly getting into dj get a specific bike to progress on, or a decent bmx bike.

Posted: May 12, 2009 at 19:49 Quote
Yes i ride one but i dont DJ much anymore since the city destroyed our jumps but its an excellent overall "beginner" bike,

Posted: May 12, 2009 at 19:57 Quote
My wolverine is like a 2001 model with shat geo, and rim brakes newer ones may be fine.

Posted: May 12, 2009 at 19:59 Quote
I have 2007 and no "custom" parts except some holly rollers

Posted: May 12, 2009 at 20:02 Quote
ots heavy for a dj but atleast ya wont break it if ya mess up lol also look into the giant STP if ure still shoppin. that was my first bike it was amazing the frame is incredibly strong however i wouldnt reccomend getting the lower end one. on my 07 i was breaking parts like crazy lol but besides a few scrapes the frame i have is in perfect condition no bends or cracks or ne thing

Posted: May 13, 2009 at 9:21 Quote
im making it a single speed and changing things on it so for my first dj bike i hope its good

Posted: May 13, 2009 at 12:10 Quote
Nope.
She's meant for riding on groomed trails, and like... fields and shit. The geometry feels completely different then a real dj bike, it's heavy, it's just not worth it.
if price is hurtin just get a bmx, no point not to, and if you have a couple hundred extra go for a p.1, and stp, or some entry level DIRT JUMPING bike.
jumping on a wolverine feels like crap..

Posted: May 13, 2009 at 12:12 Quote
ianfleming wrote:
Nope.
She's meant for riding on groomed trails, and like... fields and shit. The geometry feels completely different then a real dj bike, it's heavy, it's just not worth it.
if price is hurtin just get a bmx, no point not to, and if you have a couple hundred extra go for a p.1, and stp, or some entry level DIRT JUMPING bike.
jumping on a wolverine feels like crap..
+1

Posted: May 13, 2009 at 12:13 Quote
i think something out of the specilized p range would be boss for you, they're incredibally versatile
maybe a new kona shonky as well? awesome frame, and plenty of scope for upgrading

Posted: May 13, 2009 at 12:31 Quote
i ride a 2008 wolveriene for dh/fr and some dj and its been great for all that ive done, theres alot of shit that people will say about it but none of its true with mine, so i recommend it.

Posted: May 13, 2009 at 14:18 Quote
Im with norcokid93!!

O+ FL
Posted: May 13, 2009 at 15:02 Quote
in stesd of the norco wolvorine, look at their ACTUAL dirtjump bikes.
the HAVOC is a ss entry level bike thats got good part and is really nice. only $999 or less i think.
look at the havoc instead of the wolvorine!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010714
Mobile Version of Website