Single Crown forks

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Single Crown forks
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 12, 2009 at 18:52 Quote
Hey guys just a question what are a really good quality single crown fork? like the equivalent of Boxxers for a Dh bike.

Posted: May 12, 2009 at 18:59 Quote
Totems i believe

Posted: May 15, 2009 at 6:56 Quote
I wouldn't get a Totem because I absolutely hate mine, but I would recommend Fox because you cant beat them.

Posted: May 15, 2009 at 6:59 Quote
guitarhero13 wrote:
I wouldn't get a Totem because I absolutely hate mine, but I would recommend Fox because you cant beat them.

I love my Totem and I'd recommend it to anyone in an instant. Better than any DC fork IMO.

Posted: May 15, 2009 at 7:34 Quote
well either a totem solo air or a van36rc2 as the guy above me said. lol

Posted: May 15, 2009 at 8:33 Quote
Fox 36 are the best single crown available IMO

O+
Posted: May 15, 2009 at 9:06 Quote
Yes, the 36 is a great fork but, is not the "equivalent of a boxxer for a dh bike".

If you want a proper DH single crown, you get a Totem. plain and simple.

Posted: May 15, 2009 at 9:14 Quote
Marzocchi 66, great forks

Posted: May 15, 2009 at 12:14 Quote
emarquar wrote:
Yes, the 36 is a great fork but, is not the "equivalent of a boxxer for a dh bike".

That is true my bad

Posted: May 15, 2009 at 12:21 Quote
dyalnger9 wrote:
emarquar wrote:

That is true my bad

+1

Posted: May 15, 2009 at 20:15 Quote
Another vote for the totem - HOWEVER, I will point out that after owning a 2007 totem for a year, they seem to need just a tad more maintenance than others. But that's partly due to the fact that they cost rather a bit and it's always a good idea to take the time to maintain something that costs more than your first car.

I have had 0 problems with the performance of my totem. It is too soft, but I'm planning on redoing the internals this summer so I can tailor it a bit to my preference, so I'll switch to a heavier spring then.

Even too soft for my weight, they are hard to bottom out. Strongly recommended for anyone.

EDIT to add: Agreed on the TPC+. It's fantastic. I have a rather old XVert super that is fantastic - virtually impossible to bottom out with just 4 inches of travel. Lovely fork. If I were to purchase another manitou, I would definitely go for the TPC+

Posted: May 15, 2009 at 20:33 Quote
im going to stick up for manitou on this one. first off manitou is the only company to have a true 203mm equivalent sinlge crown travis comparable to the boxxer. i have the 180 version with the 1.5" steerer and TPC+ dampening and its an amazing feeling fork for dh and dh racing. it is so plush and just as stiff as boxxers and fox 40's ive had/used.
so all in all i would highly recommend a manitou travis 180 or 203mm single 2007 or above with tpc+.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010619
Mobile Version of Website