Canon Vs nikon

PB Forum :: Biking Photos
Canon Vs nikon
| Next Page
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 3:36 Quote
eyun wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:
Also, I've heard Nikons can use the old film Nikon lenses while Canons cannot... True/false?

Canon can't use the really old ones (like 20+ years old) because they use a different mount style. Otherwise more recent film lenses will work, you will just suffer with issues like slowing focusing times. But that would be common for any old lens without high speed focusing. So yes they can't use the really old lenses that you may not want to be using anyway (no features on these lenses anyway).

Also some 3rd party lenses for canon will either only function on manual or not function at all with the camera. I have a 24mm sigma that won't work at all on my canon 40d body.

Posted: Feb 9, 2010 at 12:01 Quote
redrook wrote:
Canon and Nikon are straight up THE SAME. I have canon because i'm used to them, but loads of people use nikon. Just donw to which is the best deal for you at the time. I prefer canon, but thats all i've known.

no they are not.... they are VERY similar, depends what features u need. if u just need to take simple pics and thats all, then yes, the same. but nikon has multiple exposures on some of their cheaper bodies, aswell as time lapse timer built in, but canon a huge edge on sports, the new EOS 1 MRK 3 ( i think ) has 10 FPS. Canon has some crazier lenses too, like the 800mm F/5.6 at 11,500$. If someone says one brand is better than the other they need to research first..

Posted: Feb 9, 2010 at 12:46 Quote
paulclarke wrote:
redrook wrote:
Canon and Nikon are straight up THE SAME. I have canon because i'm used to them, but loads of people use nikon. Just donw to which is the best deal for you at the time. I prefer canon, but thats all i've known.

no they are not.... they are VERY similar, depends what features u need. if u just need to take simple pics and thats all, then yes, the same. but nikon has multiple exposures on some of their cheaper bodies, aswell as time lapse timer built in, but canon a huge edge on sports, the new EOS 1 MRK 3 ( i think ) has 10 FPS. Canon has some crazier lenses too, like the 800mm F/5.6 at 11,500$. If someone says one brand is better than the other they need to research first..

yes but there is the nikon d3s amzing in low light Smile thats is only 9fps but in my opoin the best camera out there for sport Smile

Posted: Nov 27, 2010 at 9:59 Quote
Ok im looking to buy a camera its not my first camera but i havent done much photography. im looking at the rebel T2i or the D90 or D3100. Im not really going to be shooting anything but sports like skiing and biking. i also really need somthing that can shoot 1080p HD. What camera would be a good one to get? i cant spend much over 1000$ on the whole kit.

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020718
Mobile Version of Website