Upgrades for scott voltage

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Upgrades for scott voltage
Posted: Aug 19, 2009 at 11:56 Quote
are you still on the standard tyres and pedals?

Posted: Aug 19, 2009 at 12:00 Quote
lukethorpe wrote:
for your birthday i would say get some black argyles 302, and a new wheel set possible Halo Tornados or Combats.

Then with birthday money first get a bb7 for your back brake, a new bars and stem combo to make the ride feel 10 times nicer. i like my new set up NS quark stem and Jalapeno bars. finally save up to get a new crank set.

well im not getting anything off ma rents as the gave me money towards my bike.

so i mite save all my money and get some black argyles and some tornados
then i will see how much i have left over and get a rear tornado

Posted: Aug 19, 2009 at 12:01 Quote
Joe-Voltage wrote:
are you still on the standard tyres and pedals?

only the rear tyre is still stock i have a specilized chunder on the front and i have snafu pedals Smile

Posted: Aug 19, 2009 at 12:03 Quote
get new tyre like maxxis larsen for dj theyre good...i would go get some slightly bigger discs...possibly new cables too.. i suffered for not having decent brakes on my scott

Posted: Aug 19, 2009 at 12:49 Quote
ok personaly i wld upgrade the bike, bt not parts as expensive as rock shocks argyle's.
some of the things that will probably brake on the bike 1st r crank and wheels so if u think ur gonna b putting a lot of impact on the bike i wld go 4 them 1st, then a shorter block stem nd high rise bars will give u better handeling expecialy 4 dirt jumping.
and then my m8t has the same bike as u nd i noticed that the forks were way 2 soft so wld b worth upgrading bt nt 2 any thing like argyles.
last thing then is brakes if ur dirt jumping they r realy not worth upgrading, there gd enough and u might even want 2 take 1 off bt if u like fast dh riding it makes the world of diference 2 have a nice set of brake @ a realistic price i found avid jucie 3 and hayse nine r rly gd bt not 2 expenseive 2 buy.

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 at 1:52 Quote
right
im getting rock shox argyle 302's

know what wheel should i get...

halo fredomdisk
halo sas
halo tornado
halo combat

something else?

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 at 2:27 Quote
hmm saying your only 12 i think you will be fine with the wheels and fork that you already have on the bike.

if your birthday is coming up i would upgrade the gears and get a chainguide.

are the forks tora's ? there actually pretty nice to ride with and they have the compression adjust you when your riding trail centers you can make them soft and when your riding dj trails you can harden them up. also their pretty strong, i cracked a steel frame whilst running those forks and the only thing that broke on them were the seals.

Smile
hope i have helped.
Tom.

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 at 2:28 Quote
i whent 2 tredz a few months ago about buying halo sas nd they advised me 2 getting a el gallo wheel custom built with an el gallo hub nd dt swiss spokesBig Grin
the main advantage 2 this over the sas was that they were equally as strong bt weighing less, tredz had sponserd dh riders on them, the downside u dont get that big branded HALO SAS 2 show off instead u get a nt so popular brand bt quality over lks i guess...

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 at 5:24 Quote
georgegrove wrote:
right

halo fredomdisk
halo sas
halo tornado
halo combat

something else?

i swer u are copying me lol its ok

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 at 7:22 Quote
towers08 wrote:
hmm saying your only 12 i think you will be fine with the wheels and fork that you already have on the bike.

if your birthday is coming up i would upgrade the gears and get a chainguide.

are the forks tora's ? there actually pretty nice to ride with and they have the compression adjust you when your riding trail centers you can make them soft and when your riding dj trails you can harden them up. also their pretty strong, i cracked a steel frame whilst running those forks and the only thing that broke on them were the seals.

Smile
hope i have helped.
Tom.

yeh

i was thinking about it today, mabye instead i will get a new rear wheel, rear disk, shifter, rear mech and tyres

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 at 7:22 Quote
jack6660103 wrote:
georgegrove wrote:
right

halo fredomdisk
halo sas
halo tornado
halo combat

something else?

i swer u are copying me lol its ok

lol, great minds think alike lol Razz

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 at 7:52 Quote
what do you guys think?
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://lh5.ggpht.com/_lMJvyWzEto0/So1hhuspoxI/AAAAAAAAAJU/dnbmECM1080/s800/Untitled.jpg

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 at 7:53 Quote
is dirt jumping ur main style of riding ye......
if so think bout it, u dnt need new rear disk, shifter, rear mech and tyres, 4 dirt jumping u dnt wanna go buying more tred 4 ur tyers, or need slick shifting gears nd all dat coz u wont b chainging gear u only need 2 find 1 gear and stick 2 it and there isnt a lot of sharp braking involved either.
buy things like bars, stem, crank, wheels nd sum cheap dirt jump forks like dj 3's or suminBig Grin

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 at 10:37 Quote
konatrailblazer16 wrote:
if so think bout it, u dnt need new rear disk, shifter, rear mech and tyres, 4 dirt jumping u dnt wanna go buying more tred 4 ur tyers, or need slick shifting gears nd all dat coz u wont b chainging gear u only need 2 find 1 gear and stick 2 it and there isnt a lot of sharp braking involved either.
buy things like bars, stem, crank, wheels nd sum cheap dirt jump forks like dj 3's or suminBig Grin

Exactly what I was thinking.
Go singlespeed. Get a nice strong wheelset. And maybe new forks but there probably good enough for what your doing. Don't just get new stuff for the sake of it it Wink Maybe even save up and buy a whole new bike.

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 at 10:41 Quote
DirtJumpDanny wrote:
konatrailblazer16 wrote:

Exactly what I was thinking.
Go singlespeed. Get a nice strong wheelset. And maybe new forks but there probably good enough for what your doing. Don't just get new stuff for the sake of it it Wink Maybe even save up and buy a whole new bike.

mabye

wheels are on my MUST list (especialy the rear)

im not going ss as i use my bike for every thing Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019039
Mobile Version of Website