Best climbing all mtn bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Best climbing all mtn bike
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 16, 2009 at 18:04 Quote
looking to buy a new bike, any suggestions...

Posted: May 16, 2009 at 18:30 Quote
transition coverts are a great climbing and descending bike. they will be coming out with a new version of it soon. but on their site transitions website (transitionbikes.com) they have a few left over frames from last year up for cheap!
great pedaling, lateral stiffness, ground tracking, and weight are all very good.

hope i helped!

Posted: May 16, 2009 at 18:36 Quote
my vote would have to be for the foes fxr

Posted: May 16, 2009 at 18:45 Quote
is there a bike shop in calgary that sells transition

Mod
Posted: May 17, 2009 at 17:54 Quote
bigtuna wrote:

Pedal Head and Calgary Cylcle do but why do you want a Transition? There are better bikes out there in terms of platform, specs, weight, and warranty for the same amount of money...

Posted: May 17, 2009 at 18:05 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
bigtuna wrote:

Pedal Head and Calgary Cylcle do but why do you want a Transition? There are better bikes out there in terms of platform, specs, weight, and warranty for the same amount of money...
perhaps all of those you said but dont joke about there being a better warranty than a transition, there is no better!

Mod
Posted: May 17, 2009 at 18:08 Quote
kovacs2121 wrote:
perhaps all of those you said but dont joke about there being a better warranty than a transition, there is no better!

As far as I know, Transition offers a 1 year limited warranty against manufacturer’s defects. This is the bare minimum in the industry with most companies offering 2+ year manufacturers' warranties against defects on their products.

Posted: May 17, 2009 at 18:13 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
kovacs2121 wrote:

As far as I know, Transition offers a 1 year limited warranty against manufacturer’s defects. This is the bare minimum in the industry with most companies offering 2+ year manufacturers' warranties against defects on their products.
true but when they say that they mean it unlike many other bigger companies. also they have lifetime crash replacement for their frames. if you email them you will within 15 minutes get a response from one of the owners or team riders

Posted: May 17, 2009 at 18:24 Quote
photo

Best climbing all mountain bike !

Mod
Posted: May 17, 2009 at 18:24 Quote
Every company offers a crash replacement or sympathy pricing to customers whos frames aren't covered by warranty because it is not a manufacturer's defect but rather the rider causing the frame to break/crack/dent. Companies just don't advertise this as it is the norm. Somehow or another, people think that Transition revolutionized this lifetime crash replacement deal. When I dented my Kona even before Transition existed, I received a crash replacement price of $1750 for a new Stab Supreme frame (my Stab Primo was dented and they had no spare frames in my size so they offered me a Stab Supreme instead). Almost all the big names do this too. They just prefer that an authorized retailer contacts them as they are the first line in the corporate ladder’s rung. I’ve had very fast turn around with huge companies including Giant. I had a crack in my headtube on my older DS1 and within 5 days, I had a new front triangle and was riding again.

I don’t care about a response from someone saying they are sorry that I cracked my frame and will rectify the problem as soon as possible after they take a look at my frame. I care about having a new frame overnighted to me and inspection fast tracked because I brought it to an authorized retailer who followed all the steps with making a claim and getting everything worked out while I wait without me overstepping the boundaries and trying to go above my shop. I mean companies won’t directly ship a frame to you, they ship it your local retailer. Why would you try and avoid them?

Posted: May 17, 2009 at 19:04 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
Every company offers a crash replacement or sympathy pricing to customers whos frames aren't covered by warranty because it is not a manufacturer's defect but rather the rider causing the frame to break/crack/dent. Companies just don't advertise this as it is the norm. Somehow or another, people think that Transition revolutionized this lifetime crash replacement deal..... (Rant Abbreviated)

Sounds like someone has a bit of a hard on for the big guys, or maybe some disdain for TBC?

I frequent the Specialized forum, I have seen a couple threads about people breaking their carbon S-Works frame, a few thousand dollar frame, and the crash replacement is 20% off from Spesh.

Unlike some, money is a bit more tight for me, I can afford not being with the bike for a week or two to save me the 1200-1500 for a new TBC frame.

Posted: May 17, 2009 at 19:09 Quote
im afraid to ask'
how much is that Ellsworth

Mod
Posted: May 17, 2009 at 19:17 Quote
I've had several bikes in the past from a bunch of different manufacturers including some of the "smaller" ones such as Rocky Mountain and SC. Then, I've had Giant, Kona, and Specialized. I'm sort of all over the board as far as big multinational corporations and smaller boutique brands. Companies seem to be pretty much on the same page as far as a crash replacement/sympathy pricing rate is. There is no doubt that the company is still making a profit off of you as the replacement isn't given at cost but some percentage off even if it is only 20% is better than 0%.

It isn’t really a disdain I have for TBC just a lot of people are confused between this lifetime crash replacement and 1 year warranty. I have come across many posts saying that TBC offers a lifetime warranty and lots of people mistake the lifetime crash replacement for a lifetime warranty.

Also, a lot of people tend to think that Transition bikes are “budget” bikes and are cheaper than the competition. Upon further analysis, they are pretty much spot on with other companies. I mean when you choose the best fork, the upgraded rear shock, and then the build kit, that budget bike isn’t so cheap after all.

The strewn/skewed misconceptions that many people have about TBC has made a lot of people believe that Transition is the “be all end all.” They do have nice bikes but I think people should definitely do some research before they pick a bike and all of this would come out if someone were to do their homework!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023526
Mobile Version of Website