Any good slopestyle/freeride in michigan?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Any good slopestyle/freeride in michigan?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 17, 2009 at 20:29 Quote
Hey, this is going out to all michigan riders or people who have rode in michigan, any input of the best places to ride?

Currently all that i know of is bloomer park (just outside of rochester where i live), Stoney Creek (near rochester again) and some stuff in midland? I think a ski hill has been putting up some stuff during the off-seasons that it isn't being used for snowboarding/ski'ing purposes.

Really what im asking is where are the good places to ride throughout MI? (picking up a bike rack for my car, age 19 with no job so i dont mind doing a little bit of driving for a good ride).

Looking to do freeride/DH and trails and such. Not extremely good, but can hold my own on most stuff that i've encounter so far, looking for more technical stuff then what bloomer/stoney offers and mabye some jumping once i get comfortable on my bike again.

Posted: May 17, 2009 at 21:06 Quote
http://mmba.org is a great resource.

You have a few options, look up Uncle Jimmi in the freeride section on mmba, he has an awesome place a few miles outside of saginaw. Skinnies and big jumps and a few drops.

Boyne Highlands up towards traverse city is probably the best all around freeride in the state. Fun downhill sections, skinnies, a few jumps, lift access.

Posted: May 17, 2009 at 21:15 Quote
this place is has some fun little dh trails but idk if there open this year
http://mt-holiday.com/

Posted: May 17, 2009 at 21:42 Quote
Oh almost forgot! Upper Peninsula!

I hear there is awesome riding in the Houghton area. Mini north shore like trails. I've seen some video's of it and it looks awesome, but it's a long way from your neck of the woods.

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 15:12 Quote
boyne freeride park at boyne highlands petoski, Mi

hospital trails across street for the hospital in Traverse City, Mi

cannonsburg ski area, Grand Rapids, Mi

Posted: May 22, 2009 at 15:55 Quote
i thought the hospital trails got destroyed cause when i was there i couldnt find anythin

Posted: May 23, 2009 at 10:20 Quote
ohh maybe they did then?

Posted: May 26, 2009 at 11:52 Quote
I was out at the hospital trails two days ago and most of the trails looked fine. Some of the runs had trees laying over them on the other side of the hill. The UP has alot of places. There's marquette mtn, mt benson, copper harbor, and the tech trails in houghton.

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 17:25 Quote
manofsteel wrote:
i thought the hospital trails got destroyed cause when i was there i couldnt find anythin

Which ones are you talking about? I know of some out near rochester (one of the cities bordering, not gonna give exact location or anywhere near because that a sure-fire way of getting them taken down).

The ones i know about are going strong still, dug out some drainage for when it rains will drain alot faster, and set up 2 new lines when i was there.

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 19:49 Quote
How do you like your Parker? I just ordered a 2008 Parker 2 and can't wait for it to get here.

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 20:07 Quote
I love my parker as i told a few other people through PM's here.

Finally getting used to the weight (went from a small trek to this, about a 10 pound difference >Wink .

It is an amazing downhill/DJ bike, when it comes to XC during the first rides of having it; the weight was killing me. I dont know what all parts the 2008 P2 has, but im a big fan of the suspension that the 2009 P1 has (the rear suspension has a pedaller support so even if u need it to climb/XC it can).

All in all, im in love with it; but when it comes to XC it is a bit heavy to ride all day.

Edit: Just checked out the jamis site to see what the 2008 looked like geometry wise. My parker had a squeek (check my thread in mechanics corner i believe) and it was the rear pivot, when you get it i'd suggest taking the rear pivot apart and grease it up (not the shock, all the pivot points that u see movement at).

Posted: May 29, 2009 at 5:31 Quote
Yeah I will most likely do that. The '08 Parker 2 is about the same as the '09 Parker 1. The only difference is the color, tires, and the '08 has a long cage rear derailleur while the '09 has a medium cage.

Posted: May 27, 2010 at 17:36 Quote
reviving this thread

If anybody was out to Boyne Highlands last year they would know that the trials were pretty much demolished by the logging that was going on. Fortunately, the trails are back up and running and better than ever, and the park opens this weekend. Starting with Friday (tomorrow) from 4-8, saturday from 12-7, and sunday from 10-3. if anybody can make it over, please do, going to be some sick riding!

KEEN

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011877
Mobile Version of Website