What annoys you when you're out building?

PB Forum :: Trail Building
What annoys you when you're out building?
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: May 17, 2009 at 21:25 Quote
So i no theres a What annoys you when your out riding thread so i thought id make one for building. for me its rain, running out of dirt/nails/wood, and having to go in for lunch.

Posted: May 17, 2009 at 22:13 Quote
Umm when I'm out building, I want it to rain. Nothing crappier than having to put your dirtjumps on hold because the dirt is too dry.

O+
Posted: May 17, 2009 at 22:15 Quote
When there's another shovel, but the other person just watches you Really Mad

Posted: May 17, 2009 at 22:18 Quote
evilrydr wrote:

Or how about when there is an experienced builder sitting without a tool and then the person with the tool is talking and barely using it.

O+
Posted: May 17, 2009 at 22:19 Quote
scrippsranchDJ wrote:
evilrydr wrote:

Or how about when there is an experienced builder sitting without a tool and then the person with the tool is talking and barely using it.
Yes that too. Or when you, an experienced builder, is building and one of your friends who has no business building tries to tell you what to do or what would work better.

Posted: May 17, 2009 at 22:45 Quote
bugs is a good one, more specific if theres a bees nest near you...

Posted: May 17, 2009 at 22:47 Quote
When a giant 3 foot thick tree falls on your trail making the best jump unrideable.

Posted: May 17, 2009 at 22:50 Quote
zaidmac wrote:
When a giant 3 foot thick tree falls on your trail making the best jump unrideable.
build a new jump over it, when god gives you lemons =D

O+
Posted: May 17, 2009 at 22:50 Quote
and yes, the people that hold the tools but don't actually do any work.

people that don't realize how much money you've spent on your tools and treat them like garbage.

when you're trying to map out a DH trail and you keep running into uphills

broken tools

O+
Posted: May 17, 2009 at 22:51 Quote
ah yes and not owning a chainsaw yet Frown

Posted: May 17, 2009 at 22:56 Quote
on a serious note when kids come out of nowhere and try to ride the jumps you havent finished yet, or when you build a bunch of jumps and the city deems it too dangerous and gets a front end loader and tears down all the jumps... stupid city

O+
Posted: May 17, 2009 at 23:01 Quote
Rakkaus wrote:
on a serious note when kids come out of nowhere and try to ride the jumps you havent finished yet, or when you build a bunch of jumps and the city deems it too dangerous and gets a front end loader and tears down all the jumps... stupid city

yeah stupid city! I hate putting in all that work with a shovel and my 2 hands for them to come in with a machine and flatten it in 5 minutes

Posted: May 17, 2009 at 23:09 Quote
Dry dirt, Packing the dirt, making jumps taller without all the dirt rolling down the side, Running into rocks under the dirt, and digging them up to find like a pyramid you now have to move, or never hit the jump again, so you have to call a crane ect...lol Trails lasting a week tops.

Oh, and cutting through legless lizzards make me sad. Such a sick creature. Any one else see these?

O+
Posted: May 17, 2009 at 23:12 Quote
suicidedownhiller wrote:
Dry dirt, Packing the dirt, making jumps taller without all the dirt rolling down the side, Running into rocks under the dirt, and digging them up to find like a pyramid you now have to move, or never hit the jump again, so you have to call a crane ect...lol Trails lasting a week tops.

Oh, and cutting through legless lizzards make me sad. Such a sick creature. Any one else see these?

a snake?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018513
Mobile Version of Website