What annoys you when you're out building?

PB Forum :: Trail Building
What annoys you when you're out building?
Posted: Jun 16, 2012 at 15:39 Quote
exnihilo wrote:
I spent an entire summer (and then some) building a stellar trail which was completely dessimated when a blizzard rolled through the following winter and knocked down a ton of huge trees. I guess I cant be too upset seeing as how it was an act of nature, not a bunch of kids or bureaucratic nit wits.

you now have a spot with f*ck loads of dead wood to build rad stuff from, use it to your advantage and make the trees a part of the trail. Chainsaw+manpower=job done

Posted: Jun 17, 2012 at 3:01 Quote
When there's rocks everywhere under the ground, making it 10x harder to build anything. Mad

Posted: Jun 17, 2012 at 8:50 Quote
When it's 47 C or a 116 F outside.....

Posted: Jun 17, 2012 at 10:25 Quote
People that come over to you when you are building alone and stay stuff like " You could do a 40 foot table top there going in to a 5 foot high 30 foot long berm !! " , yeah if I had a digger or people to help me ( hint hint) , at this point eyes usually look to the ground and the conversation stops.

Posted: Jun 17, 2012 at 10:57 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
exnihilo wrote:
I spent an entire summer (and then some) building a stellar trail which was completely dessimated when a blizzard rolled through the following winter and knocked down a ton of huge trees. I guess I cant be too upset seeing as how it was an act of nature, not a bunch of kids or bureaucratic nit wits.

you now have a spot with f*ck loads of dead wood to build rad stuff from, use it to your advantage and make the trees a part of the trail. Chainsaw+manpower=job done

woah, wood in a jump
bit dangerous dont you think ?

Posted: Jun 17, 2012 at 11:17 Quote
Don't be a tit, he didn't even say jump

Posted: Jun 17, 2012 at 11:25 Quote
When you help people build dirtjumps even though they complete garbage (No flow) then you attempt to build a new line and they wreck it...

It's ok just get mad at them and they won't go back (Hopefully)

Posted: Jun 17, 2012 at 11:47 Quote
vengeance111 wrote:
James-Carey wrote:
exnihilo wrote:

woah, wood in a jump
bit dangerous dont you think ?

I was , some monstrous wall rides, and tables that are actually more than a bikes length long and not made of sticks. Dont stir up shit you cant handle... This is why you got banned from the other trails thread about 3 times even after i asked mark to add you back in as you said you were sorry.

Posted: Jun 17, 2012 at 11:48 Quote
Biscuitto wrote:
Don't be a tit, he didn't even say jump

though if a big enough tree fell in the right place, how sick would it look with a huge chunk carved out into a kicker. be a lot of work, and would need a huge tree, but still

Posted: Jun 17, 2012 at 11:51 Quote
If a f*ck off tree has fallen where you want to build a jump then use it as base by all means, but dont go out of your way to use wood. I do have exceptions when building f*ck off sized jumps from clay, but am yet to see that case appear on pinkbike.

Also Metalhead that would be rad, the only trick is finding a big enough tree... imagine carving it root side in too so you ride into the tree from the root side and shoot out of it maybe into a hipped landing Drool

Posted: Jun 17, 2012 at 12:00 Quote
Woop section carved out in a tree. Eek

Posted: Jun 17, 2012 at 12:02 Quote
yo guys I'm being serious, wood is dangerous shit
also marquis as gone now so I cant be unbannedlol

Posted: Jun 17, 2012 at 12:03 Quote
I genuinely dont think you are being serious i think you are just being a bit of a tit... also you can be all mods have that power to un ban you, they just choose not to use it .

Posted: Jun 17, 2012 at 12:04 Quote
scrippsranchDJ wrote:
Woop section carved out in a tree. Eek

Woah, you crazy... I like your style... that would be one big old cut with a chainsaw haha

Posted: Jun 17, 2012 at 12:08 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
I genuinely dont think you are being serious i think you are just being a bit of a tit... also you can be all mods have that power to un ban you, they just choose not to use it .

I havent asked yet

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012310
Mobile Version of Website